Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Not A Happy Camper!

Old 10-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Fork Horn

They will be back. I also agree they know you or another member. Survailence! Another thing that they have probably hurt the hunting with all the walking around.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the sympathy!

Here's what has been done. Police report filed. We have installed 4 high end, auto e-mail, no flash, cameras in strategic l;cations. Very well concealed. Our next project will be to toughen up all entrance gates to the property. And to replace all gates immediately adjacent to the camp grounds with higher end, heavier duty ones. We are considering installing an digital recording surveillance system recording the outside and inside activities he camp house and house trailer. One guy has added a tracking system to his Kubota tractor.

Police feel that the perps are locals who can case the property any time we are not around. I certainly agree. Other that these precautions, I will not be leaving anything of value at the camp during the off season.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:55 AM
Typical Buck

I like the tracking device in the tractor. Wonder if it would be worth almost tempting them somehow. With all the new surveillance and tracking you might actually catch the basterds.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:24 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Mojotex
Thanks for the sympathy!

Police feel that the perps are locals who can case the property any time we are not around. I certainly agree. Other that these precautions, I will not be leaving anything of value at the camp during the off season.
Yes, very likely locals that think you are some "millionaires" from out of town and that gives them the right to rob you. You might try to do a little snooping around at the local cafes or other places of business, discretely asking here and there if they heard of this robbery. There was probably a bunch of guys involved - it will be hard for them all to keep too tight lipped about it.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Spike

i hope you find your stuff thats terrible