Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
My Buddy Shoots a White Deer (Pics) >

My Buddy Shoots a White Deer (Pics)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My Buddy Shoots a White Deer (Pics)

Old 09-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default My Buddy Shoots a White Deer (Pics)

My buddy got this mostly-white piebald in Pennsylvania this weekend. 5C WMU. It smaller than he thought but he's still happy to get such a rare animal.
Attached Thumbnails My Buddy Shoots a White Deer (Pics)-piebald1.jpg   My Buddy Shoots a White Deer (Pics)-piebald2.jpg  
Old 09-25-2011, 03:59 PM
Spike

Quite an interesting deer. My dads boss shot a semi piebald deer last year. They look pretty cool with white hair and all.

Supposedly, when you shoot an animal that is white you have bad luck for 7 years, but thats just something I heard from a hunting friend. The guy that shot the semi piebald deer last year hasn't had any bad luck, actually mostly good luck this year. He shot a nice big 8 pointer last week with his bow, rack scored a 118 which is pretty good for NJ.

Last edited by AdamTheHunt; 09-25-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

i have seen one of these deer in the woods but i wasn't lucky enough to get a shot. But if I ever have the chance i will in a heartbeat. They are awesome looking.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:00 PM
Spike

I know that here in OK it is illegal to shoot a white deer.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:13 PM
Spike

Angry

This is to be 50-60LBS. top's, a year old deer if lucky. This buck could have been a nice deer in a couple of years if he would have past on it. A rare find had to take it I guess
Old 09-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator

A deer like that would never last long enough to get to be a big buck, too visible. I would have taken him too, a great unique animal.
-Jake