Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Took my 3 year old daughter out this am >

Took my 3 year old daughter out this am

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Took my 3 year old daughter out this am

Old 09-20-2011, 09:55 AM
Spike

Default Took my 3 year old daughter out this am

Took my 3 year old daughter out back to my stand this am, (yes the one over the feeder) and set up there about 30 min....not long after we got up there we spotted a small doe and mother coming down the trail..walked within 30 ft of us. Im so proud she saw her first deer this am and is so excited she is about to bust. In the morning Ill be up in that stand with my bow...
Old 09-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Spike

That's awesome. I have three young boys. Time spent with them in the woods is the best. We have a one day youth season here in VA on Saturday. My nine year old is chomping at the bit. But I think I am more excited than he is. Keep that little girl close to you. That's awesome.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Typical Buck

Awesome! My boy got his first deer last Sunday, nothing better than having him out there!
Old 09-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

Great, my daughter will be 3 next season. I would like to do the same. Perhaps give her a camera so she can shoot whatever she wants.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:40 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by freebirdfb
Great, my daughter will be 3 next season. I would like to do the same. Perhaps give her a camera so she can shoot whatever she wants.
Lol I taught her how to shoot a BB gun earlier this summer, shes not a bad shot...been debating putting her up in the stand with me one morning and shooting some squirrel.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by oaktree30
Lol I taught her how to shoot a BB gun earlier this summer, shes not a bad shot...been debating putting her up in the stand with me one morning and shooting some squirrel.
If you do use .22 shorts in the gun since it's not to load, and will get the squirrels.
Having a load gun will turn them away.

JMHO