Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
How do you start deer hunting ??? >

How do you start deer hunting ???

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How do you start deer hunting ???

Old 08-31-2011, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by trmichels
Ihookem,

My book was published in hardback about 5 years ago, when I receivd a 5 figure payment for the rights to publish it for 5 years.

Is that supposed to impress people or make them believe that you know what your talking about because you got published?

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to note that anything gets published these days; I mean honestly, have you heard of Twilight?

Try not to sound so high and mighty, and you might have a better reception.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:19 PM
Fork Horn

I treat hunting publications like playboy magazines……..I never read the articles, I just enjoy the pics.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

Get the hint most of us don't care how many books you wrote or people you have guided. For a big laugh can you post your "WHITETAIL RESSUME". Something tells me you already have one WRITTEN.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

i try to read genesis a bit before i go out, say a general prayer for safety for all the hunters in my camp. Just to cast away all the bad juju
Old 09-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had people ask me this and my first question is what type of hunting they've done.I don't assume they have experience.Some have the notion hunting of any sort can just be jumped into.I want to know the person is safe w/a gun and the person can handle their emotion/excitement.Gun control is the first oder of business.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

It was just a response, not meant to impress or sell. Since it was sold,I do not make any more money on it.

However, I will say that with authors like Leonard Lee Rue, and Gary clancy, plus Norman Strung, Creative Publishing is not in the habit of publsihing "anything" or hogwash, they are quite picky, use a lot of great photos (not mone) and put together a classy looking book, no matter what you think of my content.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Fork Horn

I have to say, that there still are some very nicepeople her, inspite of all the negativity posted, several people heve e-mailed or PM'd me with questions, or to thank me for taking the time to personally help them- especialy some of the younger or newbie hunters.

You see guys, not all of the peopelhere are rude, nor dor they feel they know everythign, and are experts in their o wn right. some even frealize that there are many ways to scout,locate and hunt deer.

for any of yiou who think of yourselve as Christians, befor y9ou respond wth smart or negative remarks - if Jesus woudl ever respond in such a matter,. If he would not, and you did, you might wnat to rethink your idea f what it is to be a Christian, adn how they act.

My father alwsy told me that if you cna't seay anything nice, do not say it at all. I try to follow hsi advice.

When I hd my talk forum her, wityhy my own talk fourm, dn on the 2-3 talk foruims where I am a moderator, I allow no rude, deragatory or maligning comments. Peopl are wondered twice, and then baanned. Ive found, nd so hve theownwers of other talk forums, taht it creates less problems in the long run. Once you let the kind of responses found here to keep going, it runs some peopel off, and become accepted, adn then the forum cgose uner.

If you can't say somehting nice, or positive, why do it? Don't
you have anything else to do but be maligning?

May Yahweh-God bless all of you.

T.R.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

You will find this article in the Hunting Articles on HuntingNet.Com
Old 09-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by shottyhunter24
i try to read genesis a bit before i go out, say a general prayer for safety for all the hunters in my camp. Just to cast away all the bad juju

I actually spent 10 years researching Genssis and Revelation, and found I had to keep a lot of notes on my research, or I'd forget most of it. It is a good read.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Tr,

It's not that we want to be rude. Just comment like a normal member, and it would be fine. Your posts put you up above everyone else, and that rubs ppl wrong. In point, this comment, although probably intended to be innocent on your part, comes off as "You read Genesis, well I spent TEN YEARS studying it and researching it."

Originally Posted by trmichels
I actually spent 10 years researching Genssis and Revelation, and found I had to keep a lot of notes on my research, or I'd forget most of it. It is a good read.
We don't want to be rude, or to put you down. Members just get tired of the Copy and pasted Posts and the "I know everything" approach.
Try just commenting and helping people out like a normal member, things will go better that way.
-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.