Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Urban hunting for whitetails

Old 08-18-2011, 03:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Urban hunting for whitetails

Hello hunting net family!

I recently had some of my hunting articles published and wanted to share them with everyone since this site is all about hunting. If you could take the time to read one and post what you think about it I would appreciate it so much. I am a new freelance writer and your opinions would mean alot to me, and help me become a better writer. I thank you all so, so much!
My story is the 1st featured article "how to make urban hunting work for you".
hope you like it! Sincerely,

Mike Webster
www.whitetailjournal.com
Old 08-18-2011, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good artical Mike and a good way of getting the right to hunt great spots in the Urban Zones. Keep up the writing I enjoyed it even though it was brief.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by doetrain
Good artical Mike and a good way of getting the right to hunt great spots in the Urban Zones. Keep up the writing I enjoyed it even though it was brief.
Thank u sir! I was limited on word count is the reason its brief I have longer ones but their sketchy on how many words I reckon lol
Old 08-18-2011, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

That is certainly something to think about. I see plenty of nice deer in urban areas.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I liked the 1st few paragraphs until I got to the feeders...

Why not challenge yourself to kill a deer without the aid of anything but you wits against theirs. Thats called hunting!
Not manipulating, not shooting, SIMPLY Hunting!!!
Old 08-19-2011, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Edcyclopedia
Well I liked the 1st few paragraphs until I got to the feeders...

Why not challenge yourself to kill a deer without the aid of anything but you wits against theirs. Thats called hunting!
Not manipulating, not shooting, SIMPLY Hunting!!!
I totally understand where your coming from! My feeders are not for hunting over please understand. I use them mainly to help the landowners watch the deer and keep them off their flowers and gardens. I also utilize them for trail cam purposes to keep inventory on the deer herd. Using feeders is simply a tool like a trail cam or a topo map or funnel and pinch points. I do not use them to bring deer in to harvest. Hunting over a bait site is risky and very few if ever are mature bucks are killed over one. Hope this clears things up, thanks for taking the time to read my article!
Mike Webster
Old 08-20-2011, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I could only read the first page (I believe) but think its a great article! I live in Downtown Chicago and have a couple urban hunting spots within a 25 minute drive of the Sears Tower! The property I hunt is usually no more than 2 acres and borders forest preserves as well. One of the neighborhoods I hunt has no house less than a million dollars and all welcome the idea of getting some deer out of there. They love the flowers and after these people spend $2000 and up on gardens a year they dont want the deer eating them. Plus, once they hit one with their car they are more than happy to get as many out as they can.

I personally love these urban spots because its a good 3 hour drive to my buddies spot down in central Illinois so I can be at my urban spot in 20 minutes with no traffic. I'd much rather be hunting hundreds of acres in Central Illinois but certainly wont pass up the opportunity to hunt close to home.

Here is a nice Urban buck with my bow from 2 seasons ago. I hunted my butt off and there were bigger ones but he'll do.

Here is one that I got on my trail camera this week. Can't wait for the season to start!

Old 08-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

@fastetti. Looks like u got a great urban spot! Thanks for reading my article! I also see ur using the bushnell trail cam...I have two of them n I think they are the best! Be sure to read my 2nd article. Its
part two of urban hunting titled "how to kill an urban legend". Thanks again and let me know if u find part two useful as well!
Old 08-24-2011, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Story #2 is now posted! Check it out!!
Old 08-24-2011, 05:54 PM
Spike

Good article mike! I'm really happy for that Jim guy in the story. Lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.