Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Shot the new G5 Prime???

Old 08-07-2011, 07:47 AM
Spike

Default Shot the new G5 Prime???

I'm in the market for a new bow and have shot many top of the line bows from Matthews, Hoyt, Bowtech, etc... but was most impressed by the new G5 Prime "Shift". It's fast, extremely accurate, and almost completely dead in hand. I see great things coming from G5 considering this is their first premium line of bows. Anyone else had a chance to shoot this bow? What'd you think? Also, I haven't had the opportunity to shoot the longer "Centroid" version so if any of you have I'd love to hear about it as well.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot one recently, as well as a Prime, and I also thought it was an impresssive bow. However, I did NOT see or feel anything about the rig that made it stand out more than the Hoyt Carbon Element, BowTech Invasion, Mathews Z7Xtreme, PSE EVO and other top of the line bows from other manufacturers ?!?
Old 08-08-2011, 09:29 PM
Spike

i agree with IL cornfed to an extent....it is not as sweet as the hoyt carbon bows....but from all other bows not made from carbon the prime is a bad bad bow....i shot it plus a z7 and a crx32 from hoyt and that prime was my definite favorite....the carbon bows hoyts making r just in a completely different league
Old 08-11-2011, 06:01 AM
Spike

Haven't looked at the hoyt carbons since they first came out at which point the bare bow was a ridiculous $1,500.00. My experience this go round was shooting the BT Invasion and Matthews Z7Xtreme immediately prior to the G5. The difference in the handshock was the thing that stood out the most. Aside from that, the 30in axle to axle that is somehow still forgiving was a big plus. Ever bow is going to fit everyone differently, but the is no denying that this one is very impressive considering it's G5's first attempt at a premium bow.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:20 PM
Spike

i think everyone here is missing the major key selling point to the g5...the parallel cam technology. it eliminates cam lean. go to their website and watch the video on it. very impressive and brilliant. and the fact that the bow is super smooth is another benefit...icing on the cake