Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Gaining access

Old 08-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Spike

Thanks for all the helpful information everyone! I'm going out to farm country this weekend to try and talk to some landowners about hunting their properties. I guess the biggest thing for me is breaking the ice lol... like i said earlier, ive been fortunate to have friends take me along to their land so i never had to ask a total stranger. I only hunt bow so hopefully that will favor the decisions. I'll udpdate on how it goes! Thanks again!
Old 08-11-2011, 11:56 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by snedd162
It wouldn't hurt to show up with a cheesecake or a pie of some sort to break the ice.
Last time a neighbor girl offered me a piece of her cheesecake, the Ex got extremely pissed. But all she was offering was really cheesecake and it was the Ex that was off in left field, and that's where I left her. lol
Old 08-12-2011, 02:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
told him to be honest? and you dont know him...what if he said to the guy.."hey, my name is charlie, i sell hunts on craigslist and want to bring them over here to hunt your land dry and "accidentally" kill your cows and never give ya a cent. i have never bought a hunting license, nor do i plan too...i sight my rifle in on live game, and the best way to check if the rifle is empty is to pull the trigger. "
@ halfbaked. U confuse the hell outta me son! I dunno if ur a website terrorist yet or not. Oh but ill figure u out soon...trust me.
@jimmy t....if u don't change that gay ass pic of u in ur Camo snuggie im not Takin u to the honey hole this weekend! Lol
Old 08-12-2011, 02:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh ya as far as gaining access..just do what I do jimmy boyeeee!...U walk up say excuse me sir? Landowner: " hey ur big web! I read ur article in Whitetail journal ..you wanna hunt my land?" Lol that's all ya do bub! Worked in moscow!?
Old 08-12-2011, 04:57 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

A final note: In WI we have an option to get a tax break or other subsidies by doing natural habitat improvements but the catch is that we must allow the public to use our land. I don't do this so I don't know all the details, but if you have such a program in your state, there may be such land near you that you may hunt. Contact your state DNR to find out if there is such a program and get a listing of such parcels.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:35 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by TURKEY FAN
@jimmy t....if u don't change that gay ass pic of u in ur Camo snuggie im not Takin u to the honey hole this weekend! Lol
Yea son you might get one for christmas this year so no reason to be jealous!
Old 08-13-2011, 06:51 PM
Spike

Well, went out today equipped with some of the tips i got from you guys.. unfortunately all 4 doors i knocked on were non responsive lol.. gonna give it another shot tomorrow, but i'm thinkin that an evening during the work week would be my best bet... Thanks again!
Old 08-13-2011, 08:01 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Jimmyt
Well, went out today equipped with some of the tips i got from you guys.. unfortunately all 4 doors i knocked on were non responsive lol.. gonna give it another shot tomorrow, but i'm thinkin that an evening during the work week would be my best bet... Thanks again!
Sorry, haven't read the thread. I find opportunity at martini bars and social events. Bring up the deer problem and it helps to bow hunt. In like flint.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by Jimmyt
Yea son you might get one for christmas this year so no reason to be jealous!
Son of a!!!! You buy me one a dem damn thangs n ur not hunting the better stand locations! Ill put u in a canoe in the ohio river! Lol
Old 08-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by TURKEY FAN
Son of a!!!! You buy me one a dem damn thangs n ur not hunting the better stand locations! Ill put u in a canoe in the ohio river! Lol
Lol! Hell son you'll never see me! I'll stealth around the woods in my snuggy and hunt your favorite stands! What size ya need an xl? I got ya bubba!!