Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Any Lightfield LITE Hybred Users? >

Any Lightfield LITE Hybred Users?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Any Lightfield LITE Hybred Users?

Old 07-14-2011, 12:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default Any Lightfield LITE Hybred Users?

Hi all, new slug shooter and posted a few weeks ago about possible rounds. I narrowed it down to a few and am heading to the range on Tuesday. Just today while in the store I saw Lightfield Lites Hybred which are reduced recoil 2 3/4" shell, 1 1/4 ounce slug at 1200fps. I've heard great things about the regular Lightfields and was considering them but everyone said they are pretty punishing on the shoulder. I'm only looking at 30-75 yd shots so I don't need a ton of power and was looking for a solid round for that distance. Would love to try these out but can't find reviews anywhere on them. I saw them at the Bass Pro store near me but they don't even have them on their website. If they have good results on deer, I have no problem buying them and seeing how my gun shoots them. Im just a little nervous about the 1200fps speed and what effect that'll have on "mushrooming" on impact. Any input is much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 07-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Fork Horn

Hey GPMD, I actually shot the hybrids last season and was very happy with them.

I've shot Lightfields out of my Benelli Nova Pump for several years now and will not hunt with anything else. 75 - 100 yards is right around the longest I target shoot, and usually can count on good, consistent results. I personally do not worry about the FPS as long as I comfortable shooting it. And let's be honest, a slug at 30 - 75 yards either way is devastating enough.