Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Protein and corn in spin feeder, problem? >

Protein and corn in spin feeder, problem?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Protein and corn in spin feeder, problem?

Old 07-14-2011, 02:02 AM
Typical Buck

Default Protein and corn in spin feeder, problem?

I've had problems w/ corn bunching up around the edges of the feeder and eventually turning to a disgusting sludge so I just bought a funnel. So far, seems to work fantasticly but last time i bought corn, it was 13.25 per bag so for that reason, plus the nutritional value, I am thinking about mixing one bag of protein pellets to one or two bags of corn.

Do you think this mix would very likely clog my spin feeder? If it matters, I'm in florida where humidity is high but we keep tons of protein on the property so was thinking about this mixture.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

You might have some luck, but if it rains or you have heavy dew the pellets will mold on the ground if it isn't picked up soon. Moisture in the feeder is due to moisture in the corn. You might try one of those closet moisture bags in the barrel to collect some of it.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:28 AM
Fork Horn

naw you shouldnt have a problem as long as you keep the feeder airtight