Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

time to go to crossbow

Old 07-01-2011, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default time to go to crossbow

feel I owe it to the deer to make a clean kill so maybe it's time to go to crossbow (don't feel that confidence like I used to when shooting my compound)

anyone know of a good used one set up and ready to go...no magnification allowed in SD but I could use a peepsight

suggestions please...no $400+ ones please...can't justfy/swing that
i have a Darton 3-d express compound now...so I'm up for a trade also
Old 07-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

My $.02 .... it'll be a strugle to find a well made crossbow + scope or 3-dot sight + 6 or so bolts ... and stay under $400. Even a used one in good shape. Barnett has a "package" deal that is barely under your limit. Excaliber makes a good recurve that is about $150 out of your spending range. Maybe selling the Darton and putting that $$$ and adding $200 or $300 or so would get you into a good cross bow set-up.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mojotex
My $.02 .... it'll be a strugle to find a well made crossbow + scope or 3-dot sight + 6 or so bolts ... and stay under $400. Even a used one in good shape. Barnett has a "package" deal that is barely under your limit. Excaliber makes a good recurve that is about $150 out of your spending range. Maybe selling the Darton and putting that $$$ and adding $200 or $300 or so would get you into a good cross bow set-up.
I'll check into selling the Darton
thanks!
Old 07-09-2011, 06:35 PM
Spike

Get a Parker Bushwacker. $300 or so at Wyvern Creations, includes 4 arrows rope ****er, field points, red dot scope (no magnification on it). Better bow than Barnett according to the people "in the know" on crossbow forums.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:37 AM
Spike

Default Parker

I have a Parker Enforcer, Great bow, Got a big 8 point with it, 33 yards he went 15 feet and dropped. lifetime warranty.

Good Luck, Stan
Old 07-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another kudo for Parker Cross Bows. I have the Tornado .... it is a heck of a shooter. I'll let you know how it holds up in 5-10 years .... of the Good Lord has that many in store for me.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Spike

I also have the Parker Enforcer,I am very pleased.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

this is what I'll get

hickory creek inline hoizonal or vertical....(change in a minute) I'll shoot it verticle
[img width=640 height=480]http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l155/farmdude_2006/inlinecrossbow.jpg[/img]

sighted in with my sight I sent and ready to hunt...a guy on AT shoots groundhogs at 50 yrds connsistantly with it...he loves it!

In-Line Crossbow.wmv

In-Line Crossbow part II

thanks all!!