Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

venison vs beef

Old 06-29-2011, 05:14 AM
Spike

Default venison vs beef

here is a good read about the pros of venison, make sure you share it with all your friends and fam that wont touch it because it is gross. MAKE sure they watch the video link, then take them to MCDs

http://www.centralwisconsinsports.ne...ow-your-facts/
Old 06-29-2011, 05:22 AM
Typical Buck

Looks like a PETA video to me
Old 06-29-2011, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Having just grilled some Deer steaks last night by making cabobs with all the traditional vegies I can say I would be happy to eat it and leave the cows to the dairy farms for my milk and cheese. I love a good T-Bone for sure and will eat nearly any steak put before me if cooked right,but deer meat has become my first love where meat is concerned. The way meat is prepared just like many other processed foods can be a scarey thought,who knows what happens from the hoof to the table or from the field to the loaf at times. I'm 55 years old and have had food poisoning maybe 3 times in my life so I 'll be honest and say I don't put much thought into what I'm eating as regards who when and where it came from. I'm a praying man and I give thanks to GOD for His good provissions in my life and so far it has all been very good for the greater part of my life. I still like a good hot dog on the grill even though I know how it was processed and what it is,past the mustard please!
Old 06-29-2011, 06:23 AM
Typical Buck

i agree with the problems of mass produced beef
in the past, i remember when butchers at least had sides of beef and actually butchered their cuts,
at least that minimized the processing/handling,
nowadays cant find a butcher that does such,
all purchase their cuts in bulk,
and if anything just cut certain cuts from larger cuts,
none that i know actually make cuts from sides of beef anymore.
and with that, can barely find things like bones and scraps for soup/stock,
as since they arent butchering their cuts, they dont have the stock parts