Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Trail Cam Placement?

Old 06-10-2011, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default Trail Cam Placement?

I have a spot where there are two seperate trails within 100-150 yds away from each other. Is it a waste to put two trail cams that close together?

Thanks guys or gails
croc2116
Old 06-10-2011, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

I don't feel it is a waste. You may have totally different deer walking on each trail. With all the science and studys done they are still wild animals that can do just about anything. The more eyes you have in the woods the better.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

i agree...not a waste at all. I use two different cameras at my mineral lick sites and they catch different deer all the time.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Also if your like me and your trying to fine tune their movement getting ready for early bow season, it is helpful to have cams in the same area so you can see which trails they move in and out of the most.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Spike

No it isn't a waste. For patterning deer, we put our trail cameras on all well-used trails going into and out of food sources, as well as entrance and exit points.

Here is an article that might help you.

http://huntersclub.com/Blog/tabid/12...-Activity.aspx
Old 06-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Typical Buck

It is definitely a waste if you forget the batteries. Otherwise it is not a waste.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:54 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Stonewall308
It is definitely a waste if you forget the batteries. Otherwise it is not a waste.
I have not done that but I have forgot to turn it on. You got all the excitment to see what is on it and then that. That is a real killer.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Typical Buck

definitley not a waste. last year, i had watched 3 giants all summer long and finally put a mineral lick/camera out about 150 yards from where i had seen them. from august to november no sight of them. as soon as i put a camera where the had been comming out of the woods, i had pics of two of them in a few days!