Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Treestand?

Old 06-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default Treestand?

I have a spot that I have seen deer all year and in the season. I bought two more stands this winter and I am trying to figure out where to put them. I have one spot that there is a beaten deer trail with droppings in it at the edge of a clear cut that is surrounded with woods. The other spot is about 125 yards away up hill, where there is another trail with the same except it is next to a old logging road with grass and clover growing in it. There is plenty of sign in both places, winds in my favor and no intersecting trails between the two. Is it a waste to put two stands that close together?

Thanks guys
Old 06-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Spike

What's your visibility from the two locations? If there is that much sign and you can see pretty much anywhere from both locations, I'd put up the two stands. Good luck!
Old 06-02-2011, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tough call ... but here's an idea. If the sign in the area is strong enough, I'd have no problem setting two stands as long as I felt like I was covering two rather distinct trails. And I would take a look at setting each to take advantage of usual but two different wind directions. For sure if early on you discover that one or both are in the wrong locations, you can certainly relocate the stand(s).
Old 06-02-2011, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

It is only a waste to put them that close if you got a guy sitting in both of them. You can set up one stand for a certain scenerio and one for another then you are covered either way. Set each one up the best way you think will work. Worse thing happens you can always move it.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would put up both make one for a morning hunt and the other for late afternoon
also put one for the wind in one direction and the other for oppisite.
Now you are covered any time you want to hunt that area
Old 06-05-2011, 09:43 AM
Typical Buck

put both stands up for different winds
Old 06-05-2011, 02:21 PM
Typical Buck

I would skip on buying the two stands and use the money to buy one mobile set up... You will kill more and bigger bucks by moving around rather than hunting out of the same stands constantly.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:51 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by swampbuster
put both stands up for different winds

Yep, you gotta have options for different wind directions.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Spike

I've found that a mere 50 yards can mean the difference between getting the shot and not. It doesn't hurt as far as Im concerned to have stands close together. Most boils down to what the deer are doing when the season rolls around. Where Im at you may find the deer going past a location all Spring but then move that pattern 50 to 100 yrds. away one the pressure starts. The worst part of having multiple stands is patterning them on one and only to have them move past the other. So, no I dont think you can have two of them too close together.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think the 2 stands are far enough apart not to interfere with each other...You can only cover so much area and I'm sure the terrain and area's You will be able to veiw/cover will be different enough to see different Deer crossing especially if Your Bow Hunting!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.