Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My new stand for fall 2011

Old 04-28-2011, 08:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default My new stand for fall 2011

Almost ready to build my new dream box blind for rifle season in Wisconsin. The old one up in the tree should be pulled down now. This one will sit a little farther back (higher on the hill) and will really be the same height as the old one without the climbing (I'm old). 4' X 8' and 8' high. Floor 1' off the ground. Roof will overhang and keep snow or rain from coming in the 1' high shooting doors on all 4 sides. Two bar stools in it and a ceiling LCD light (using batteries). A carpenter friend is going to help me build it and then need to haul it up north 150 miles. Will be in sections to bolt together. I've already spent over $100 on just the hardware (hinges, locks, latches, bolts, screws, nails etc). The windows will swing up and latch open to hooks on the ceiling. I've got tubes of good caulk left over from a re-siding job on the house to seal it tight. It should be really comfortable so I can sit all day in it.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:56 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

Sounds nice! This is a nice stand to hunt from when the temps fall near or below zero! Up by me, those kind of temps are not uncommon in late season.