Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sorry I've been gone

Old 03-31-2011, 12:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default Sorry I've been gone

The past couple of months I've been in a ton of pain, with about 7 pinched nerves, and on high doese or morphine. Wearing a neck brace for my arthritic pinched nerve neck, a back brace and a cane for my sciatica. I really look old. I am on Social Security as of March 19.

Then my computer crashed (this is a new one and I bought a backup too), my good camera quit working (need a new one), and I have been on the road giving seminars at shows, including the MN Safari Club International show and the MN Deer Classic - where i got al excited aout gettng bck into the woods dn unting turkey. But, first I hve people coming to our Turkey Hunting University for 5 days in early April, then I can hunt.

So, as my good friend Ted Nugent would say, "I'm ****ed, locked and ready to rock". I used to play guitar and drums in rock bands, and sing lead, in the 60's and 70's, and led the guitar group at Catholic church in Willmar, MN for three years. I might be half-****ed, and I'm not sure if I'm locked. But, I can still rock. LOL

If you have questions on the biolgy or behavior, or hunting techniques for deer, elk, turkey, balck bear or waterfowl - feel free to ask me here or e-mail me at [email protected] - I'm here to help.

God bless,

T.R.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Spike

That sounds rough. Hope you are doing better.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks, but I am not doing better,

To add injury to insult, I injured my neck again two nights ago. I must have slep with my neck in a bad position, even with my neck brace on and my pillow propped up about an inch. For the last two nights I have lain awake all night, trying my darndest to sleep.

My wife pretends to be asleep (bless he soul, because she does not want me to think I disturb her) , but I'm sure she is not , because I kow she can hear me moanng in pain with every slight movemet of my neck - and outright screams of agony every once in a while.

I know I hurt, and I know that sooner or later I will move the wrong way, sending a burning, knifing pain through my neck, upper shoulder and lower head. And yet, I still cannot keep myself from screaming, even while on 120 mg of morphine.

Pain is no fun, and I've had severe pain since 1969 - 42 years of my 62 years. And,it is much, much much worse now (with two pinched sevrly aggravated nerves in my neck, two pinched nerves in my mid-back, two pinched nerves in my lower back and legs, and one severly aggravated nerve in my face, than it has ever been.

I guess I shoud thank God I've had so much pain in the past, or I probably would not be able to bear the extreme pain, from so many nerves, as I have now. Kind of a wierd way to look at it - but it is fact.

The thing that keeps my mind off it is having to uplod nd downlod all sorts of files to get my two new computers working, which has tekn the better part of the last 4 days, nd the fact tht I have e new Canon Rebel XSI coningm before my Tyreky University students ge her on Sundy night. I'd hate to be without a good camear when I hve people in the woods, lookng for turkeys; or when I hve bunces of wild turkeys near me to photograph.

The birds are gobbling good here, and I just got video of toms breeding twice in Arkanss, as I watched via one of the 8 remote cameras, where I am conductng my 13th year of deer research, 5th year of turkey resaerch, first year of black bear research, and first year of bald and golden eagle and trumpeter swan research. Anyone can join me, and learn as I learn and teach others on the site - for FREE at www.USeeWildlife.com.

God bless. T.R.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Fork Horn

how did you injure your neck ?
Old 04-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

I am 62, so I have arthiritis, with pinched nerves at about 3 levels of my back. I had 3 herniated discs in my lower back, which caused sciatica in both legs. So, I hjad a gusion and 2 other sutrgeris, whihc only partially helped. But, I've developed arthritis above the fusion, whihc pinches 2 nerve in m y mid back. I also have neuropathy of the feet, (painful nerve damage, feels like my feet are on fire, and a very aggravated nerve i n my face, from when I shot myself in the face in 1997 0- followed by 10 years of surgery evey 6 months.

Getting old is no fun ...

But, I have had Turkey University students here with me for the last three days, and we are out walking in the woods, watching turkeys, learning from the turkeys (and hopefully from my explanationf of what is going on) and looking for turkey sign. I'm a little slower than I used to be, but with 60-120 mm of morphine in me, I can still functionpretty well.

God bless,

T.R.