Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

The Buck I Was After 2010

Old 03-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Spike

Default The Buck I Was After 2010

This was my best prospect for the 2010 hunting season. A friend emailed me the pictures from his property of this gorgeous buck. These picks were less than a 10 minute walk for a deer and my hopes were set high that I would get a peek at this guy come November. November came and went, I let 11 different bucks walk, hoping he would be next. After spending weeks in the stand and the seasons end approaching fast I did what was necessary to feed my family for the winter and whacked a 2 1/2 year old buck for the meat. Hoping the buck had made the season I was concentrating on picking up his sheds and had a hard time sleeping some nights wondering where he was. Well that all came to an abrupt end yesterday as a good friend of mine that measures bucks for our Ontario Record Book called me and mention a smasher buck he just scored at 170 gross and netting 162 that was local. I asked 11 point ? Yes, ouch !! Congratulations to the hunter !!

Sheds from 2009

Trail Cam pic's 2010

Dead Buck Killed 1/2 mile away

Old 03-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

That's a bummer, but at least there should be plenty of good genetics in that area. Do you know what killed the buck?
Old 03-11-2011, 07:26 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by timbercruiser
That's a bummer, but at least there should be plenty of good genetics in that area. Do you know what killed the buck?
Yes, he was killed by a bow hunter near the end of October very close to the property I was hunting on. The buck actually had to pass by every stand I have to get to his final resting area. Fortunately another even bigger buck sheds have been picked up close by to give me something to look forward to this coming season.