Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

big snake!!!

Old 03-20-2011, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

Parris Island, 1978, we were in the field out around the old airstrip. The chow truck ran over one, I guess it was an Eastern Diamondback, on the strip. One of our larger DIs (I estimate he was about 6'4") had it by the neck, holding it over his head, and it was still touching the ground. We were sleeping in shelter halves, ON THE GROUND. Yikes...
Old 03-21-2011, 09:52 AM
Typical Buck

Is that Brett Favre?
Old 03-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default For many

that's going to end some hunting days.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Typical Buck

I have seen this and the other snake picture from Florida all over the net. According to Snopes the pics are real. However the snake is held closer to the camera to make it look larger then it is. It's the descriptions that are going along with the pics that are bogus.
It's kind of like the fisherman that looks like he has a 15 pound bass in his hand until you look closer and realize his thumb is as big as the fishes head and he is holding it right in front of the camera as he sits back a ways.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/15ftrattler.asp
Old 03-26-2011, 01:21 PM
Fork Horn

im actually terrified of snakes.. its why i won hunt in the early season so could some one take this thread down. lol just kidding. but i really am terrified of snakes call me what you want
Old 03-27-2011, 06:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

People say I'm crazy, but I had rather get on a rattlesnake any day over getting in a yellow jacket nest. I've been on too many of both of them.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

No matter what the actual size of that snake is, I just see nothing but some great meals sitting there!!!!!!!! That and if the hide is prepared correctly, some nice wallets or boots if you get enough.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Finally a man with some sense .... . Yellow Jackets !!!! I hate Yellow Jackets! And any other wasps for that matter. About the only wasp that has not popped me has been a Hornet. I hear that they hurt ! If they hit worse than a Bumble Bee or a Horse Fly, I want no part of 'em.