Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Iowa Deer Classic

Old 02-28-2011, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

Post Iowa Deer Classic

Went to the Iowa Deer Classic last weekend in Des Moines. Anyone else go?? I thought there was a lot of cool stuff to check out there What did you guys think?

Also got to see Lee and Tiffany!! So that was pretty sweet..
Old 02-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Spike

definitely some good things to check out. as always, there were some BIG deer at the show.

Definitely seemed like EVERYONE & THIER UNCLE were (trying) producing a video or put salt in a bucket or block & call it the best mineral lick around.

With that being said, I did like what the people from Temptation Lures had to say... Their MegaRack block & the technology/research that goes into them just makes sense- & they had the racks & pics to show just how much the deer like it & just how much it REALLY DOES WORK.

Just my $.02
Old 03-03-2011, 10:00 AM
Spike

I agree, everyone and their brothers and their uncles and every other relative made a video this year. Waay too many IMO. I more thanlikely wont go for a couple years again. The deer are nice to see as always but the vendors are just ridiculous. The show has gotten so big its in 2 new locations this year. WOW.
And as always Tiffany is great to see!
Old 03-05-2011, 11:52 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds a lot like the Nebraska Big Buck classic. Does the iowa show have 3d archery tourneys and such as well? It's alway nice to see the big deer, and talk with people that share a passion. I know last year, and this year bass Pro will have thier trailer with most of the world record mounts to take a look at. I hope that mussloeloading deer from last year with 25" main beams is there this year. Would love to see it.

I agree with the vendors being ridiculous, but last year at the nebraska show you could basicaly fill up on the free deer jerky/ summer sausage samples, plus the miller light girls were walking around giving free hats to people drinking miler light.

I did pick up an awesome gabrel last year that worked amaxing this year. Here is their website. great product and talked to the inventor personally for quite a while. Nice guy. http://www.ultimatedeerhanger.com/

The nebraska show is at the quest center in omaha on March 25-27 fyi.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:29 AM
Spike

Yes they do have a 3D shoot as well. BassPro had their King of Bucks collection at Iowas this year too. I went to the Neb classic last year and wasnt very impressed with it, but being their first year it was OK. Plus its a little closer to me than DesMoines is. On the plus side, one gets to see Tiffany more than once in a years time! LOL

GO Sooners!