Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

2010 muzzleloader deer

Old 02-21-2011, 05:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default 2010 muzzleloader deer

filled my doe tag
shot this doe with T/C Encore...150 grains of american pioneer powder and 250 grain T/C shockwave bullets ( not the easy slider sabbots but the original sabots)
so windy this am wife asked if I even wanted to go in this wind...I said I'm going as this time of year the deer have to move and feed just to maintain body heat

got situated....3 deer came from north (I'd been watching em feed for about 20 minutes..finally here they came and stopped about 100 yrds out..I wanted to shoot with gun rested on mirror but the bioggest lead one turned as to go other way...she knew somthing was up...before they started running back north I just got a rest on the window (in 23 mph wind the van was a rocking so e rest was of little help....aimed the best I could with open sights (no s copes allowed for S. D. muzzy season) and let er buck the 3 of em ran north maybe 10-20 yrds and she dropped....the other 2 ran away..just then 9 more were stopped not 60 yrds straight to my north... I was done anyways
called son Nick to retrieve it for me (woulda been imposible to do in my wheelchair)
he gutted skined and 1/4 my deer for me as he has done with the last about 15 or so

thank Nick and his wife!!!!!!

when skinned down as ya can se it was a pefect shoulder hit....I'm estatic that I was able to shoot that good yet...hell maybe I can get some more????
as long as I can hold a gun aim and squeeze the tigger maybe my hunting days can last another year????

Old 02-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

hmmmmmmmmm
Old 02-21-2011, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Nice job, looks like a good shot.
-Jake
Old 02-22-2011, 03:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nicely done!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 03:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats! Nice job! What condition was she in? Doesn't look like she has too much fat left in the second photo. Or is it just the angle of the photo?
Old 02-22-2011, 04:33 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by White-tail-deer
Congrats! Nice job! What condition was she in? Doesn't look like she has too much fat left in the second photo. Or is it just the angle of the photo?
about average for here...young doe she was....mmmmm goood eats
Old 02-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good job getting the meat on the table,enjoy and get out there for a turkey this spring as well, if you like to hunt the birds. Good Hunting!