Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
My Hunting/Fishing Android App >

My Hunting/Fishing Android App

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My Hunting/Fishing Android App

Old 02-16-2011, 05:49 AM
Spike

Default My Hunting/Fishing Android App

Hey all,

I have developed a new hunting/fishing Android app that I am looking for some feedback on. It is free so I hope I don't get flagged for trying to sell anything.

Basically when you load it, it get your location via GPS and then you can save information about a hunt kill or a fish that you just caught. It automatically inserts all the weather and location information for you as well. That way you can go and look at all of your trophies and determine if there are similarities in weather patterns.

You can view all the kills/fish in your database, either in list format or plotted on a map.

It is called Trophy Tracker and you can find it here: https://market.android.com/details?i....trophytracker

I would love to hear all of your guys' feedback.

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2011, 09:53 AM
Spike

Default Nice

I like the idea. Is there any way that after you enter the info you could then move it to google earth? I started making notes in my Delorme PN series GPS this year and transferring it to google earth along with a pic I took with my droid. It would be nice to have the weather info to transfer over as well. Just a thought.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by mlp311
I like the idea. Is there any way that after you enter the info you could then move it to google earth? I started making notes in my Delorme PN series GPS this year and transferring it to google earth along with a pic I took with my droid. It would be nice to have the weather info to transfer over as well. Just a thought.
I haven't really done anything with Google Earth before. Are you referring to the Google Earth that you install locally on your Desktop or Laptop?

Is there a feature that allows you to add notes based on locations or is it a waypoint type thing?
Old 02-17-2011, 05:33 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds pretty cool! I have been looking for a app like this for a long time
Old 02-17-2011, 06:33 AM
Spike

My number 1 question about any app before I install it.

What information does it send back to home base? Does it track my movement and GPS info when i have it enabled? Does it save that information on my phone or on your servers?

I am a tech nut, so I will install it and give it a solid look over for you.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:46 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Freonite
I haven't really done anything with Google Earth before. Are you referring to the Google Earth that you install locally on your Desktop or Laptop?

Is there a feature that allows you to add notes based on locations or is it a waypoint type thing?
Yes, that is the Google Earth I'm talking about. I read an article in Field and Stream about using it as a hunting journal and it works nicely. The only thing I'm missing in using it is the weather. If you could somehow get your app to share location and weather, I think you would be onto something. It is a waypoint thing, but you can also add notes that will pop up when you mouse over the waypoint.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:55 AM
Spike

Default iPhone and Android app for collaborative hunting (use it for free)

Hi, our app for iPhone and Android has google earth maps.

We recently released first version of it (ActInNature Hunting http://actinnature.com).
It has:
- Map. Powered by Google Maps it shows GPS position and orientation as well as movement direction and speed of other hunters
- Cam. Provides augmented reality browser to see other hunters and distance to them
- Hits. Saves your hits(shots) info of fowl or animal (goose, deer etc) for further reference. Hits can be uploaded to the web and be accessed via web site.
There is also sunrise/sunset info and hunting-related links

https://market.android.com/details?i...nature.hunting
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/actin...438678661?mt=8

We’d appreciate any feedback of using the app.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:22 AM
Spike

Just downloaded it. Thanks
Old 09-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Fork Horn

Just downloaded it too, i'll tell my relatives who i hunt with to download it on their smart phone to.