Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Finding and selling antler sheds >

Finding and selling antler sheds

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Finding and selling antler sheds

Old 01-27-2002, 07:54 PM
Spike

Default Finding and selling antler sheds

I was just wondering how much people would spend on buying antlers...I am not looking to buy but i have quite a few and have heard you can make some money off selling them to people for knive handles, medacine an decoration. thank you
Old 01-27-2002, 08:00 PM

Default RE: Finding and selling antler sheds

here in idaho i see ads in the paper mainly from taxidermy shops for 8-10 dollors per pound
Old 01-27-2002, 08:01 PM

our local bank has a shandelier(spelling)big light hanging from celeing,made from antlers.they paid a premium price for that thing.though of making one from my collection.

I am not a hunter I am a whitetail population reduction specialest

remember keep your back to the sun, your knife sharp, and your powder dry.
Old 01-27-2002, 08:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

i duno who buys em...but fur fish and game mag ses they go for 8-10 bux a pound...if i could find sheds id be happy..just to have

mauser06
Old 01-27-2002, 08:11 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-27-2002, 09:59 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-28-2002, 04:06 AM

Here in P.A. i believe it is illegal to sell animal parts but i wonder because some people make knife handles out of them.have a nice day.
Old 01-28-2002, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last year, my buddy and I sold a bunch of shed antlers on the internet, mainly to people from the east coast. Made over $500 on the antlers. I kept a few that I liked, but the real fun in the sheds, IMO is finding them.
Visit My Hunting Page

Old 01-28-2002, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

i spend a couple hundred hours a year looking for sheds and i would never part with them. when i go to hawaii on the 10th of february i will even look for axis deer sheds. my dad found one last time by mistake and i am trying to find two, one for me and one to give to my friend who takes me hunting alot with his father.
Old 01-29-2002, 01:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

We find a few sets of elk sheds but we have never tried selling them . An elk when he sheds one will try to get the other one off at the same time . we found set from a 6x6 this year ,one was in the open and the other he jammed under a fallen tree to get it off . If you find one look close and you can often find the other one .

Quick Reply: Finding and selling antler sheds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.