Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer--you can't find deer

Old 02-13-2011, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default Deer--you can't find deer

I see them on the Sportsmans channel, Iowa for deer, Illinois for deer, Texas for deer---ever think of northern Indiana?---
These shots were taken out our front window---you could shoot them from my patio, but only with a slug shotgun or a bow--bummer---
Attached Thumbnails Deer--you can't find deer-img_2063.jpg   Deer--you can't find deer-img_2069.jpg  
Old 02-14-2011, 05:28 AM
Fork Horn

That being the case.....I would shoot them with either. Which did you choose?
Man.....I havent seen a deer hanging for at least 2 months. Please kill (reads harvest)and post pictures
Old 02-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

We have so many in Indiana that one of the local cops says the auto insurance carriers in the state have been petitioning the state legislature and the DNR, to set higher bag limits and a longer season, allow more does to be taken, allow a larger selection of legal calibers, crossbows--anything, just get rid of the deer! Our small local paper lists all of the reported deer hits each week and it can be as high as fifteen or so--who knows how many are hit without an insurance claim or that go unreported--we have been here for ten years now, I've hit four, my wife has hit one--we see one that's been hit at least twice a week--we have a herd of about forty that share this side of the lake with us--I can't shoot them, deer season's over----John
Old 02-15-2011, 04:28 PM
Typical Buck

On my way home tonight a lady hit 2 deer at the same time. Trashed her car. The cops were there shooting both deer when I went by. Poor things. I hate to see that. Much rather see someone shoot them and eat them.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:40 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Remnard
On my way home tonight a lady hit 2 deer at the same time. Trashed her car. The cops were there shooting both deer when I went by. Poor things. I hate to see that. Much rather see someone shoot them and eat them.
agreed, its horrible. I saw a little fawn hit by a car infront of my house, the kept riding and a neighbor called the cops, thank god it took them 15 minutes to get there, i was just getting my guns out of the case to finish it. I could hardly watch it try to crawl across the neighbors yard
Old 02-16-2011, 12:45 AM
Typical Buck

I hit one with my corvette July 1st. $7000.00 worth of damage. Same road I saw the double hit last night.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:16 AM
Fork Horn

Apparently, at some point back in the 30's, the Indiana deer population was almost nonexistant so the state released a bunch to kick start our states deer herds--worked way too well and now we are over run with them--it's the main topic of conversation everywhere--then, the DNR, in their infinate wisdom, introduced a bunch of breeding pairs of coyotes to cut down on the number of deer and of course that plan backfired also- the coyotes eat the ground dwelling game birds, pets, small varmints and have had no impact at all on the amount of deer--so we now have a state full of deer and coyotes--good for the deer hunters and the coyote hunters such as myself, but hard on the farmers chickens, young livestock and we keep running into the deer--just wait til the feral hogs make it up to this area, we already have enough of them to hunt in southern Indiana already-- it's getting interesting--DNR will probabely release mountain lions to eat the hogs---John
Old 02-16-2011, 04:19 AM
Fork Horn

You know that last sentence was tongue-in-cheek right? right? God, I hope I didn't give them an idea-----
Old 02-18-2011, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

Wow thats beutifull.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default More ideas ?

When it comes to spending money the DNR and Game Commision do not need more ideas. About 15 years ago the Pa. Game Commission stocked fishers back into the state. There were thousands spent on the project. They even used a helicopter to to drop road killed deer to the fishers the first winter. Fishers kill everything, including small animals, ground nesting birds, tree nesting birds and small pets. The excuse for the project was "to control porcupines" which is a protected species in Pa. anyway. Maybe the lumber companies slipped them a couple bucks. It is not only in your state where monkey business goes on.