Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Finding any sheds???

Old 02-12-2011, 04:26 AM
Typical Buck

I'm sure some will be posting sheds here soon, but if you really like sheds, here is a good site to see some.

http://www.kisky.com/forum/default.aspx?f=18
Old 02-12-2011, 04:40 AM
Spike

Default 2011 Sheds

Found a few this year. The first two pics are what me and a buddy found on December 27, while out tracking a coyote. The last pic is of my lucky buddy from the first week of january. Both sides still were covered in blood. Took him 3 hours to locate the 4pt side about 1/4 of a mile away in old strip-mined ground. He has obviously got luck on his side this season so far.
Attached Thumbnails Finding any sheds???-1231101329.jpg   Finding any sheds???-jordanshed.jpg   Finding any sheds???-jordanset.jpg  

Last edited by Habitat86; 02-12-2011 at 04:54 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:05 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Habitat86
Found a few this year. The first two pics are what me and a buddy found on December 27, while out tracking a coyote. The last pic is of my lucky buddy from the first week of january. Both sides still were covered in blood. Took him 3 hours to locate the 4pt side about 1/4 of a mile away in old strip-mined ground. He has obviously got luck on his side this season so far.

Nice find, have you ever mounted any of them? they would look good on display, Doc
Old 02-12-2011, 05:10 AM
Spike

We have mounted a set or two, mostly on just a shed display like the iron buck. I would really like to have a taxidermist put some to good use, but a good, gray-faced cape is hard to come by!
Old 02-12-2011, 05:15 AM
Fork Horn

At least one still has his rack today, I think a few have dropped, there was one the other day with just one side showing, Doc
Old 02-12-2011, 05:19 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Habitat86
We have mounted a set or two, mostly on just a shed display like the iron buck. I would really like to have a taxidermist put some to good use, but a good, gray-faced cape is hard to come by!
I haven't found many, I have never really looked, but it really looks interesting, I did find one set I put on a board, if I get time I will take a pic and post, not fancy but for the garage it is ok, but the ones you have are nice. Doc