Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting season ?

Old 02-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Spike

Must be nice to have those long seasons. Indiana runs from Oct to I think Jan 2.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Missouri

Our Bow Season starts on Sept 15 and last til Jan 15,so You get to Bow Hunt for right at 4 months,then Bow Season stops at Rifle/Gun Season for the 11 days in November or You can still Bow Hunt those 11 days days but You have to use/buy a Rifle Gun Tag and hunt with it.We are allowed to shoot 1 Buck before Rifle season and 1 Buck after Rifle Season with our Bow's and we also get 2 Turkey tags with it!

Then there are specail Urban Doe Hunts further North up by St. Louis and further North and if You have any Rifle/Gun Tags left over there is a Muzzle Loader Hunt for I believe another 11 days in December too!

We also have a special Youth Deer Season,this past 2010 Season it was on Oct 30-31 (weekend) and on Jan 1-2 (weekend again)!

Right now since most other Game Hunting is over we have been Hunting Predators/Coyotes til the end of March and it pauses until after the Spring Turkey Season.

Last edited by GTOHunter; 02-02-2011 at 03:56 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default FEB 28th........

Originally Posted by DocD
What state do you hunt in? I have been reading a lot of posts where people are still hunting, (I'm envious) Up here in Wisconsin & Minnesota it has closed for some time, Just curious, Thanks Doc
I'm usually tagged out by gun season, I haven't had to pull out the cannon for some time now.