Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

GPS / Iphone gps apps.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:52 PM
Spike

Default GPS / Iphone gps apps.

I have looked at a few iphone gps and I like the motion X gps. I just wanted to see if anyone else had any they like. Also I would like to look at getting a handheld GPS that I can have for a back up or to replace my iphone one. The app on my phone seems to run the battery out pretty fast and I would like to have a Handheld.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

TopoMaps. Excellent.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Spike

Default DeLorme

Your options are endless with a DeLorme PN series GPS paired with their Topo software. They have a forum like this one with many experts that are very willing to help you do anything you want with your GPS. I've used quite a few handheld GPS and will never own anything again unless its a DeLorme.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:59 AM
Fork Horn

I don't have an Iphone, but an android phone. I like to use My Tracks and Backcountry Navigator. I'm not sure if they have the same apps for the Iphone but you could check it out.