Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Anyone hunting SE AL this last weekend? >

Anyone hunting SE AL this last weekend?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone hunting SE AL this last weekend?

Old 01-28-2011, 05:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default Anyone hunting SE AL this last weekend?

Going back home to hunt the final weekend. Sadly it is supposed to warm up to the 60s and maybe even 70s both days. Any ideas on how that affects the deer movement if they are late to post-rut?
Old 01-28-2011, 08:10 AM
Spike

I'm really regretting missing out last weekend in central AL myself. I didn't get to go a single time.....Of course I was sick as a dog....
Old 01-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

I hunt in south AL alot they are chasing hard right now. I hunt all over Alabama I hunt all the way from Mobile to the Tenneessee line. They are chasing everywhere right now. It's some good hunting.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sadly, just as the rut is getting good the season is about to go out in Bama. At least we still have another month left in N.W. Florida.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fishinty
I hunt in south AL alot they are chasing hard right now. I hunt all over Alabama I hunt all the way from Mobile to the Tenneessee line. They are chasing everywhere right now. It's some good hunting.

They are not chasing everywhere. They havent started good in some areas and have been done for nearly a month in other areas, of course you will always get the few that start early and the few that come back in heat that didnt get bred and so on...Last weekend in Selma i didnt see as much as usual, but they are def. rutting or TRYING to rut. the Does are scared to death and dont seem to like fields right now.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

Didnt see a thing today. Hunted from 5:45-11am, then 2-5:30pm. I think it was just too hot down in lower AL. Maybe I'll be lucky tomorrow morning. Last hunt of the season.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

Where I hunt in north alabama it affects the deer movement.I go from seeing 5 or 6 a day to seeing none.The deer prefer to come out right at dark or in the middle of the night.