Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Legal Question

Old 01-23-2011, 08:05 AM
Spike

Unhappy Legal Question

I didn't take a hunters saftey course. Wasn't asked when I purchased my lisence. I am over 21. What could happen to me if I get caught? I am from Ohio.
Krissy
Old 01-23-2011, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

depends on your state. when your asked for it and cant produce, i'd imagine you will get a fine.
should be part of ethics here, so if ya dont think ya need one, more power to ya....but if ya accidently kill someone, and dont have it, then its another story?
Old 01-23-2011, 08:49 AM
Spike

Ya, how much do you think? I ended up getting caught. DNR stopped by this morning and I have to go to court. My husband is at bootcamp too. So i'm low on money, The DNR said they judge would let me do payments.. but how much do you think it'd be?
I got turned in by an ex bestfriend.. ****ty deal
Old 01-23-2011, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

were you hunting at the time?
if not, you shouldnt get a ticket or anything.
you can own a license, the law states you cant "hunt" with out the hunter safety course
Old 01-23-2011, 08:54 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SemperFi_Krissy
Ya, how much do you think? I ended up getting caught. DNR stopped by this morning and I have to go to court. My husband is at bootcamp too. So i'm low on money, The DNR said they judge would let me do payments.. but how much do you think it'd be?
I got turned in by an ex bestfriend.. ****ty deal
hunting without certification is not to be taken lightly,
i wouldnt hunt anywhere near someone without such,
friend should have talked you out of hunting till you get cert.
as for penalty? up to judge,
can check rules and regs in your state for such penalties,
there is more to hunting than pointing and shooting,
and if you have such disregard for the law, regardless of whether you get certified i would question your character
Old 01-23-2011, 08:56 AM
Typical Buck

well I am not sure but the liability might come back on you and whoever sold you the licence to begin with. Do yourself a favor and take the class. It is not that bad, I have taken 3 of them (me and then with my kids).

Well, sorry you got caught but sometimes trying to beat the system isn't always in your best interest.

Last edited by WNYhunter; 01-23-2011 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

In NY you can't get a license without the hunter safety cert. Your saying you had your license and the game warden then asked you for the safety certs? That's odd that the state would issue a license with having the hunters safty coure.

I would go get the certification before my court date show it to the judge and ask for leanionsy.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:18 AM
Spike

ya, all my friends said it doesnt matter.. i grew up around it. the onlt reason i got caught because i got ratted out i guess. I know i should have taken the courses. I cant find the rules and regulations so i can find out what will happen to me
Old 01-23-2011, 09:20 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by SemperFi_Krissy
ya, all my friends said it doesnt matter.. i grew up around it. the onlt reason i got caught because i got ratted out i guess. I know i should have taken the courses. I cant find the rules and regulations so i can find out what will happen to me
Originally Posted by jerry d
In NY you can't get a license without the hunter safety cert. Your saying you had your license and the game warden then asked you for the safety certs? That's odd that the state would issue a license with having the hunters safty coure.

I would go get the certification before my court date show it to the judge and ask for leanionsy.

good idea thank you
Old 01-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Spike

This is all I found in the Ohio 2010 hunting regs.

"All first-time hunters must pass a hunter
education course before purchasing a
hunting license. Call 1-800-WILDLIFE (1-
800-945-3543) for information on hunter"

Here is were I found it:
http://www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/dow/...10huntregs.pdf

Page 28, That's really the only referance there is to a safty course. But I might have missed it.
Was this your first time buying a license?

Ron

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.