Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Legal Question

Old 01-24-2011, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by timbercruiser
THis is a little strange. You bought the license at Wal Mart, they didn't ask for your hunter's safety course completion form and issued a license, I am assuming you didn't lie to the salesman. I would get the course and any fines incurred would be paid by Wal Mart even if I had to get a lawyer. I don't see how you got a ticket if you were not hunting?
this is the problem with america...why would walmart be responsible for you not taking the class?
they give you a drivers license, assuming your not gonna run stop signs and speed.
its your own responsibility to abide by "legal means and methods", i think ethics plays a part here as well. if he shot you, and he never took the test, im guessing you could sue walmart? puuhhh leeze

Last edited by halfbakedi420; 01-24-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:50 PM
JW
Super Moderator

There is a Hunter Education class on line but it might not be recognized as many many classes require a 'hands on' class too. But it is soemthing to think about.

I teach Hunter Education in WI. Go to IHEA (International Hunter Education Assoc.) and they have a free Hunter Ed class on line. I give tihs link to my many students more as a help or a study guide.

IHEA also lists requirements state by state too.

Telling the truth has always been the best policy.

Good luck

JW
Old 01-24-2011, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JW!
There is a Hunter Education class on line but it might not be recognized as many many classes require a 'hands on' class too. But it is soemthing to think about.

I teach Hunter Education in WI. Go to IHEA (International Hunter Education Assoc.) and they have a free Hunter Ed class on line. I give tihs link to my many students more as a help or a study guide.

IHEA also lists requirements state by state too.

Telling the truth has always been the best policy.

Good luck

JW
taking the 5th aint lying?
Old 01-24-2011, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont understand how she got the license.........1st time license without having the hunters safety course certificate # to put into the system to qualify a person for a hunting license??????????? If that happened the license issuer needs to held accountable to some extent,no?
Old 01-24-2011, 04:24 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Nope - ingorance of the law never won.

Not the license sellers fault.

JW
Old 01-24-2011, 04:24 PM
Spike

i don't know how it happened, i got it anyways. how did i get caught? well i got turned in by a jealous girl i work with because she didnt have hers and was upset i got mine.. it makes me mad, i know its my fault, but really call the DNR on me? not cool. my buddy got a ticket by the DNR for not having an orange hat on. had his license, not hunters saftey course & they didnt even look at that! just got a hat ticket. didnt even notice the saftey course missing. A tip was sent in on me & they investigated it. It's worse too because my husband is at bootcamp so i'm dealing with this on my own.
At my friends house last night. 6 of us there. only 2 took the course. all 6 had a license. 4 didnt have the classes. im the only one who got caught.. fishy. cause i got turned in
Old 01-24-2011, 04:25 PM
Spike

okay sorry it sounds like im blaming someone else for my mistake. it def is my mistake but really. whys it matter to them to turn me in..
Old 01-24-2011, 04:35 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Well Semper - be honest is always the best policy. The person who turned you in will get thiers is some form or fashion at some point. By standing up and admiting your mistake takes grit.

And for your friends who also do not have a Hunter Ed Certificate - man I'd be careful!

JW

and if I was closer since there are at least 5 of you - we could hold a class!
Old 01-24-2011, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
someone didn't do they're job, on the liscense appication it should ask if you've ever had a liscense before, if not, the pop-up should appear asking for the date and certification number of your hunters safety card. the liscense seller screwed up, but there will probably be a fine.
RR
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!! that's what I'm saying. How do you get a license for the 1st time without having the hunters safety certificate??????

Does the law say you can get a license 1st then before you can hunt it's your responsibility to take a hunters safety coure? Cause if that's the case that is one a$$backwards way of doing things!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jerry d
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!! that's what I'm saying. How do you get a license for the 1st time without having the hunters safety certificate??????

Does the law say you can get a license 1st then before you can hunt it's your responsibility to take a hunters safety coure? Cause if that's the case that is one a$$backwards way of doing things!!!
Yeah, I don't understand that either. In British Columbia they don't except anything but your hunting number card to get your annual hunting licence. Than you can use your current legal annual hunting licence to purchase your big game tags. But if you don't produce hunter number card you don't get a licence no matter where you go.
I have bought mine at Walmart and it's that simple.But yeah I'm sure there is alot of charges fines that could possibly get thrown your way,
but so long as you have a clean criminal history it won't be as bad as
it could be.I know of hunters that try to have their big game tags back dated cause some species have to be purchased 5 days in advance before they can legally hunt the animal.Big huge mistake, they get caught every time. Number 1. .The employees just play stupid and fill it out the way the person wants it and call the authorities up after. The licences are always numbered for a reason.If
by chance a C.O. does pull them over, they take down the number and if doesn't match in order exactly to what was sold in that order you are going to get a phone call or a knok on the door.It may not happen imediately, it may take a few months but they will get you.
Don't play games.No animal is worth the consequences.It's really not worth it.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 01-24-2011 at 05:17 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.