Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

LA Huntin

Old 01-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Spike

Default LA Huntin

Well, I am moving to LA for my job and I was wonderin if anyone had some input about the huntin in southern LA. Hope its good or I'm going to to be missrable.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:49 AM
Fork Horn

u r going to be miserable

When I saw the post LA Hunting, I thought you were originally referring to "Lower Alabama".
Old 01-21-2011, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

thats funny i thought he meant Los Angeles Ca
thats a long....longgggggggggggg way from home. the dirt definitely aint the same fer sure...and the blacktop roads make ya slide, instead of sustaining grip. as far as hunting...ya might be able to book a hunt with southside driveby's inc. i heard they have day and night hunts, and they are affordable, but its blood in, blood out
Old 01-21-2011, 10:23 AM
Typical Buck

Do you mean LA California, or LA as in Louisiana?

I can tell you about California, cant give you any advise about Louisiana...

If your talking Cali, its western hunting, so your not going to hunt up the street. However there is a lot of variety in which to hunt, Mulies, Black Tails, Pigs, Antelope, Elk (3 kinds) Bears, and Cougars... along with birds. Its big country so put away the treestands for the most part. I personally loved hunting California, partially because there arent to many people that do...granted there a lot of people that will drive you nuts!
Old 01-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Fork Horn

To bad you live in Southern California and not in Northern California, there can be some pretty good hunting in the Northern part of the state, but you have to plan for it and it can be spendy. I lived in the Bay area for seven years, had a really good time. Now live in MN. Much better hunting now.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I assume you are talking about Louisiana. If you are, the hunting is awesome in north LA. South LA. is very spotty. Most of the deer are up north. The parish I own property in has the highest deer population in the state, which is in north central LA. Northeast LA., close to the river, has some real bruisers and is one of the top areas in the country for duck hunting. In south LA., West Feliciana has a good deer population. The further south you go, the fewer deer. There is a reason why most south Louisianans come up north to hunt deer.