Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Well guys it's over.......

Old 01-15-2011, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default Well guys it's over.......

Today is the last day of the Oklahoma deer archery season. It's kinda sad but I haven't had hardly any sleep since October so I'm kinda happy! I've had the best year yet and I've never seen so many deer. I shot a little five point and a 8 point so I think this season was a great success. I might do a little predator hunting but for now I'm just going to spend my weekends sleeping in and checking trail cameras. I hope everyone had a great safe season!
Old 01-15-2011, 09:34 AM
Fork Horn

It is kinda a relief when the season is over. I had a terrible time trying to work and hunt. Trying to run a household and hunt.... and so on and so on. I had a great season, and I am looking forward to the next. Already have a big pot of deer chili on and smoker is almost ready for the hams......Thats livin to me.....
Old 01-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Spike

I agree with you guys. As much as I love hunting, after a while, between getting out of bed at 5 am to hunt every day off and work the end of the season is a relief!
Old 01-15-2011, 05:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default Wow

Originally Posted by H.L.H View Post
Today is the last day of the Oklahoma deer archery season. It's kinda sad but I haven't had hardly any sleep since October so I'm kinda happy! I've had the best year yet and I've never seen so many deer. I shot a little five point and a 8 point so I think this season was a great success. I might do a little predator hunting but for now I'm just going to spend my weekends sleeping in and checking trail cameras. I hope everyone had a great safe season!

I thought I had a long season .
Runs from September 27 to December 12th ? Give or take a day ?
I kinda agree , As long as I can find time to go in the AM. PM. or All day long , the season gets long especialy if you hunt all 3 Bow , Muzzleloader and Rifle like I do .
We also go South of the State for the Southern Tier opener .
5 am every morning possible can get dragged out , but the way our rut runs its better around here the last couple weeks of the Hunting Season , So I,m so into it by then I dont even think abought the time . LOL......
Old 01-16-2011, 07:59 PM
Typical Buck

By the end of the season I'm ready for it to be over. Two weeks later, I'm ready for it to start again.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ours ML is on until Feb 15th.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:24 PM
Spike

I was in the stand the first day of Oklahoma's season, and in the stand the last day. I hunted a minimum of 2 days a week, and never went one day without at least seeing deer. I passed on more deer this year that I've seen in the last 3 years.

Hopefully next year is even better.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

I can tell it is over cause I saw 3 BIG bucks by the road this morning and they just stood for about 5 minutes. I guess they know it is over too.