Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

wheres the deer?

Old 01-11-2011, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default wheres the deer?

So today is the last day of muzzleloader in Ohio. I got my buck at the begging of the season and now just tryin to fill my freezer and get another kill on video. Saturday I could of taken a few but I didn't hav enough light for a good video so I passed thinking there would be more.... well I dosnt see anymore that day, went Sunday didn't see anything, Monday I made it out and didn't see anything untill I was heading of after shooting time, so I decided to skip a day of school to get a simple doe...well weather has been in the teens all day with flurries off and on.. and I havnt saw a single deer. I'm sitting in a blind on the edge of a cit corn field.... Whete r the deer!?
Old 01-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are right there in the woods Hunterman where they always are they just don't care to come out right now,thats hunting. I say when you want meat you get rid of the camera and get the meat or miss out on what may be your last chance. Good Hunting
Old 01-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Spike

Here in Pa. if you have a deer walk out into an open field in daylight during the month of January, God must have spoken to it. Good luck!
Old 01-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like some pretty typical late season hunting to me ?!? What are ya really expecting.... something right out of the drurys videos perhaps? LOL!
Old 01-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

They're in the thick stuff. Get off that field edge! At this point in the season the deer have wisened up. FInd the thickest crap you can, thats where the deer are gonna be holding up. Especially with this snow storm today.
-Jake
Old 01-11-2011, 01:11 PM
Spike

Deer gotta eat!! Find the food you find the deer..
Old 01-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

They're over by me in SE Ohio

Seriously, the advice about hunting the thick stuff is good. We got 4 deer on Saturday and pretty much all the deer were hanging out in the multiflora rose thickets.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Here in Pa. if you have a deer walk out into an open field in daylight during the month of January, God must have spoken to it. Good luck!
i don't know what end of the state you are in, but last night i had ten different does in the small section of woods i was hunting, and i didn't get into the woods until 3:00pm after work. There are still plenty of deer out there.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default "Deer gotta eat"

Not during the day.