Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

shed hunting

Old 01-14-2011, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I usually watch the Deer/Bucks coming into my trail camera's,if You keep a close eye on them when they have their Antlers on and suddenly You see several with the tell-tale signs of the little holes in their heads or a Buck sporting only one side of his Antlers You know they are loosing their head gear!I walk along fence rows where the Buck jump over to cross,along Creek Beds,Thickets and even out in open Fields.Take a route to look for Sheds,then a different route back home...change it up and try the heavy woods,food plots etc...! Eventually You will find some sheds,the more land You have to walk the better your chances are to find them.If the sheds lay too long the squirrels and rodents will eat on them for the calcium in the bones/antlers....and thats why they will magically disapear!