Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What do you think of this Ladder Tree Stand? >

What do you think of this Ladder Tree Stand?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What do you think of this Ladder Tree Stand?

Old 01-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Spike

Default What do you think of this Ladder Tree Stand?

I'm seriously thinking of buying this Gear Guide ladder stand. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=650788
Has anyone used this stand? What do you think of it?
Old 01-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Typical Buck

Looks like a nice stand.Sportsmans guide has some good deals on their stands,but the cost of shipping them makes it about the same if you buy them local with tax.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Dominant Buck

I would have to look closer to the welds and construction before making a comment on it!
Old 01-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a couple from them that are pretty good for the price . they are not ladder models but work well .
wait till they have free shipping for purches over 100 that way the wieght or bulk of shipping works out. they frequently have it 10 off of 100 or more but the free shipping is a better deal
Old 01-08-2011, 06:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by brushbustin
Looks like a nice stand.Sportsmans guide has some good deals on their stands,but the cost of shipping them makes it about the same if you buy them local with tax.
Exactly! Thats a great price, but by the time you get done with shipping, you will have just as much into it as something you could buy from someplace where you can just go in and buy it.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go to Dick's Sporting Goods. They are usually blowing out stands right about now. Worth a shot.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:17 AM
Spike

Good feedback guys.
  • I contacted the local Dick's store & they don't have any ladder stands in stock, so that's no longer an option.
  • The Gear Guide ladder stand at Sportsman's Guide noted above would be bought by me signing on as a member for $29.99.
  • That would reduce the ladder price by $11.
  • I have a $5 coupon that can be applied against the cost of this item.
  • The normal shipping of $14.97 would be waived, but I would have to pay $20 for a heavy/bulky item so I don't think they would completely waive the shipping for an order over $100.
  • They would give me (2) $10 coupons for future use as a member.
  • They would apply my membership to an item price now on back order and
  • Combine the shipping to save a bit more.
  • All in all it would cost ~$144 (not including the (2) $10 coupons)and I would have a year's membership. This would be only $4 more than the same price I would pay if I bought this outright as a non-member, so I end up with a one-year membership for $4.
I think I answered the valid comments about the cost side of purchasing this item. However, I'm hoping some current, or previous users would comment, as I would still like to know what your opinion is of the stand itself, mainly the quality of construction.

More comments would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Ancient Archer; 01-09-2011 at 05:19 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:47 AM
Typical Buck

I sent that link you first posted, AA, to my father. He has been looking for one about that height. Joined and bought one last night. Should be here this week/weekend. Can't wait to see it! Will update

BigBuck95
Old 01-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is the current code sale they are running
$10.00 Off... Your Merchandise Order of $99 or More,
in addition to the E-Mail discounts!
Coupon Code*: SG1170 HURRY! Good through January 16, 2011

I am a member and have bought stuff with the member discount.
The 2 10 dollor discont coupons are miss leading in that you can not combine them with other offers. So the sales of 10 off a 100 and free shipping are better deals
but can't be used with those coupons.
the only way they work is if it is less than 100 then you use them but you will pay shipping instead.
I just bought a hang on tree stand and a 20' ladder that i love. I didn't get charged for shipping.
if you want pm me and i will give you one of my 10$ codes that i have from signing up . it will expire in Feb. and i dout i will be using it
Old 01-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Rhody Hunter
Here is the current code sale they are running
$10.00 Off... Your Merchandise Order of $99 or More,
in addition to the E-Mail discounts!
Coupon Code*: SG1170 HURRY! Good through January 16, 2011

I am a member and have bought stuff with the member discount.
The 2 10 dollor discont coupons are miss leading in that you can not combine them with other offers. So the sales of 10 off a 100 and free shipping are better deals
but can't be used with those coupons.
the only way they work is if it is less than 100 then you use them but you will pay shipping instead.
I just bought a hang on tree stand and a 20' ladder that i love. I didn't get charged for shipping.
if you want pm me and i will give you one of my 10$ codes that i have from signing up . it will expire in Feb. and i dout i will be using it
Thanks for the heads up RH. I'll take you up on your offer. Please check your PM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.