Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
The best new hunting products??? >

The best new hunting products???

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

The best new hunting products???

Old 01-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default The best new hunting products???

Outdoor; Started a great thread titled what have we become?

That thread got me thinking about what products are new and work well?
1) Smart wool long under wear.
2) Smart wool socks.

Both of these items are an improvement over the old "itchy scratchy" wool garments. I use both products and think they are worth using.

A tech item worth using, a GPS unit with a memory that will let you save your spots/hunts. This allows you to return to the exact spot every time and recover your game.
This also allows you to hunt the same spot when ever you return, that could be five years from now?
Old 01-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

Like I said in other posts I hunt with a compass but I do keep the GPS in the fanny sack turned on this way when I get home I can see where I’ve been. OR should I say where I thought I was. I don’t let the GPS interfere with my still hunting but it sure has great qualities.
I would have to give a thumbs up to smart wool also. Just got a pair for xmas..so far they are very good
Old 01-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Typical Buck

- Not really new but I just bought a Chippewa tree stand. It is awesome!

-Not really new either but people are just starting to see just how good the Savage Muzzle Loader is, especially when you get it dialed in for shooting smokeless powder.

-There are killer deals on Terramar smart wool right now on Sierra Trading Post. I just picked some up.

Last edited by VA5326; 01-01-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

VA5326, Thanks for the info about the sale on Smart Wool at the Sierra Trading Post. I would like to have one more pair of smart wool, finding it on sale has been hard for me.