Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

gone

Old 12-27-2010, 04:08 PM
Spike

Unhappy gone

the day before the 2nd gun season in ohio that my trail cam and tree stand was gone. I had the trail cam in a lock box. I hate poeple that do this.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

Was it on private property???
Old 12-27-2010, 04:52 PM
Spike

I feel for you. Four years ago I had four stands stolen off of private property. Last year I had a stand stolen off the same private property. We know who did it but we have no evidence. This year nothing has been screwed with - yet. We got the word out to everyone that the sheriff is doing an investigation of recent treestand thefts and they are looking at someone in particular.....it's just a made up story but it has this guy on pins and needles. Good luck..
Old 12-27-2010, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know how you feel as I have had stands stolen before. I have almost went exclusively to a climbing stand for this reason.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always pull my stands and take them out with me (unless it's just overnight). And I'm using a Lone Wolf hang-on with sticks.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:09 PM
Spike

Gps locators installed in cameras as anti theft deterrent. Low Jac for hunters! Why not!
Old 12-29-2010, 04:23 AM
Spike

yes it was on my owe land it had be there for two years. they took the tree stand but not the steps.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I own 400 acres in central WV that is surrounded by thousands of acres of private land that really isn't hunted much.

I set up a climbing stand in the middle of nowhere...no trails...basically on a flat that leads to a funnel. I honesly believed that nobody would ever see this stand, and in 30+ years of hunting this spot, I've never seen another person near there. Rarely do we see anyone near our property.

I left it on a Sunday and went to hunt it on a Thursday....Gone.

It's not the only thing I've had stolen, but it was astounding to me that someone found and stole it.