Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Summit Hot Dot

Old 12-18-2010, 04:54 AM
Spike

Default Summit Hot Dot

I am looking for a Summit Hot Dot sight. I know they have been discontinued by Summit. My bow was stolen out of my truck this year back in November and though I have a new set up I really miss my Hot Dot Pendulum sight. I am not interested in a Hot Dot F.O.X fiber-optic I am looking for one of the electronic Pendulum style. I found a couple advertised on line but everytime I try and order one I get a reply that they are no longer available. In lieu of the sight itself I could use one of the electronic conversion kits for the F.O.X style. I ran across one advertisement for it. Apparently what it involves is a conversion kit that you can use to modify the FOX sight into the elctronic pendulum style. Any help in either direction would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Fork Horn

Did you try ebay? I was just thinking about putting mine up there. I actually had one and loved it. Used it for 3 seasons without fail. A week before this bow season the pedulum function stopped working. The light was there, just wouldn't "move". I quickly went and bought fixed pins and sighted in. I was shooting damn good. Well after telling my father about my circumstance, he told me he also had the hotdot but did not like it at all. He mailed it down to me but I got so used to fixed pins, I never used it. It's 2 years old and never saw a day in the woods. I think the old man took it to the range 3 or 4 times before giving up on it. I was going to list it on ebay for $20 + shipping and hope to get over $30. If you want it for $24 shipping included, let me know and I won't even list it, I can mail it right out.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Would this work?

http://reviews.basspro.com/2010/9561...ws/reviews.htm
Old 12-18-2010, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_kw=summ...=bow&_kw=sight
Old 12-19-2010, 09:16 AM
Typical Buck

Try Ebay, I just saw one online the other day.I'm still hunting my Hot Dot. I love it. I've hunted it very hard for the last three years. It has held up in all kinds of weather. The pendulum is frickin awesome.....no guesswork and though they say it's good out to 30yds I've double lunged two deer at approximately 35 yds. Love the Hot Dot.....

VA