Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Let your child skip school to hunt? >

Let your child skip school to hunt?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Let your child skip school to hunt?

Old 12-20-2010, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

I would let him go as well. I pesonally give my children 2 days per grading period as long as they are passing without any problems. My son uses them for fishing and hunting each yr and my daughter uses them for just about anything. Why not if a kid is doing what they are suppose to reward them a little. I'd rather have them doing something outdoors instead of staying home to play X-Box. Just my opinion on the matter.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:58 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Buckmeister82
YES! My father left me skip school to spend time with him and my older brother! The only regret I would've had is if he wouldn't have left me hunt with them. School will always be there I know learning is important, but so are the memories of being in the woods! We live such short lives that spending time, and making memories is what helps us grow and be better people. Ultimately it's the parent or guardians call, but teaching them this heritage by missing 1-3 days of school isn't so bad... Think about about it... How many days has one played hooky from work to hunt/fish...? hmmm....?
I guess I don't understand. I hunt in MD from Sept 15th to Jan. 20 something. Does your father not take you hunting or fishing any other time than school days?

Old 12-20-2010, 06:59 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Thunderchicken217
I would let him go as well. I pesonally give my children 2 days per grading period as long as they are passing without any problems. My son uses them for fishing and hunting each yr and my daughter uses them for just about anything. Why not if a kid is doing what they are suppose to reward them a little. I'd rather have them doing something outdoors instead of staying home to play X-Box. Just my opinion on the matter.
Isn't this illegal in MD without a true doctors note?

Old 12-27-2010, 09:15 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by bigcountry
I guess I don't understand. I hunt in MD from Sept 15th to Jan. 20 something. Does your father not take you hunting or fishing any other time than school days?
I've been out of school for many years now, but I was just saying that when I was in school before schools in my hometown area left us off for hunting my father would take me any chance he could. I'm just grateful that he gave me those extra days because honestly to me that's where we truly connected as father and son. It brought me closer to him and my brother.

So hunting for us is very important... It's what brings us together year after year other than holidays, because heck hunting is a holiday!
Old 12-30-2010, 07:08 PM
Spike

Yea in my day I was very scarce in class during deer and duck season. I would let him off.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Buckmeister82
YES! My father left me skip school to spend time with him and my older brother! The only regret I would've had is if he wouldn't have left me hunt with them. School will always be there I know learning is important, but so are the memories of being in the woods! We live such short lives that spending time, and making memories is what helps us grow and be better people. Ultimately it's the parent or guardians call, but teaching them this heritage by missing 1-3 days of school isn't so bad... Think about about it... How many days has one played hooky from work to hunt/fish...? hmmm....?

My father left me skip school. Get the point.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Fork Horn

School comes first. No question about it. Both my kids have 4.0 and they still found time to harvest their deer without missing school.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Fork Horn

If they are doing well...why not. You get to spend quality time with them and is this not worth it? You bet it is... Life is short and kids are great...Spending more time afield is a win win. We help support our heritage and they get re-enforcement of two things, time spent together and proper direction of the task at hand all while enjoying it at the same time. How do you say no to that?
Old 01-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Outdoor
If they are doing well...why not. You get to spend quality time with them and is this not worth it? You bet it is... Life is short and kids are great...Spending more time afield is a win win. We help support our heritage and they get re-enforcement of two things, time spent together and proper direction of the task at hand all while enjoying it at the same time. How do you say no to that?

no one is sayin g dont spend time with kids,
but spend your weekends/summers/holidays instead of taking kids out of school,
bet 90% that support pulling their kids out off school , are probably the ones spending weekends drinking and talking about it with their buddies, instead of spending the weekend with their kids
Old 01-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Spike

This is one thread that I can actually give good advice to lol. I am 20 years old and when I was in high school I was on block schedules and still missed some days to hunt. This is what you do... If your son really wants to go he needs to talk to his teachers in advance and find out what he is going to miss. A lot of times teachers will give you an outline of the lesson if ask. This way you will not be that far behind when you come back. I would encourage you to take your son if he really wants to go!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.