Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Stand hunting vs Still hunting? >

Stand hunting vs Still hunting?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Stand hunting vs Still hunting?

Old 12-17-2010, 08:19 AM
Spike

I personally have had more success with still hunting especially in the late season when deer are not moving as good.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:30 AM
Spike

I can say that I am glad that you are using and practacing both methods. I feel that you will learn more this way. As sad as it seems, sometimes just sitting in a stand does not always ensure us with harvesting a deer, let alone seeing any. There has been numerous times where I had to ditch my efforts at the stands and go still hunting, trying to spot and stalk, trying to cut a fresh track from a big old buck and take chase, even trying to bump known bedding areas. I have known and still know hunters (freinds) that will sit season to season without harvesting any deer and most will say that they dont even see any ( from year to year ) this should simply not be the case. Either these guys didn't do a good enough job scouting and hanging their stand or they are hunting were there is few to no deer. And in those cases you gotta get out there and find were they are. Like my old mentor used to say, you cant hunt em' where they aint. So congrats, and I hope you learn and continue to have much success as you adopt new hunting methods and strategies.