Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Kansas Rifle guys

Old 12-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Spike

Default Kansas Rifle guys

Just curious what you all have been seeing. I am hunting Marion Reservoir (public land) for the first time. Opening two days were fairly active but everything was forced, meaning walking hedge rows, invading bedding areas etc. Absolutely nothing while sitting. I was completely stiffed on Sunday, sitting all day between 2 separate spots.

I have tried food areas which still have some beans, wheat, and milo, heavily used creek crossings, trails etc. My theory is everything has gone nocturnal with the rut being done, especially with some relatively high pressure but who knows. I know there are deer based on sign all over the place. Just looking to hear what others are seeing so far. Thanks and good luck.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:02 AM
Fork Horn

i havent been seeing them move a whole lot but doing some walking does produce results. my buddy just shot a 24 point non-typical doing exactly that
Old 12-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not had much chance to hunt till yesterday. I'm hearing sporadic reports.