Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Need info please

Old 12-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default Need info please

Ok tonight wwas the first time that i shot my muzzleloader at a deer(Im a bow hunter).My gun is sighted in at 100yds open sight but i did that off a bench anyway.Had a buck at 96yds with 3 does he was checking one of them out.I put my sights on him and made the shot very relaxed trigger sqeeze.Me or my wife couldnt tell if i hit him he ran off but kind slow not showing any indication of being shot.waited about 20 mins and walked over to where they all had been standing.Didn't see any blood for about 20yds and it was red couldn't tell wait hit and it was very spottie had blood on either side of tracks and on the trial but as i said it was very little followed it about 50yds into woods then backed out they had all went down a ravine.going to go back in the morning. My questions is Does a doe bleed when she is hot and could the blood be from her or do you think that i hit him and was it maybe a liver shot?I have never seen liver blood only lung and heart. thanks for the help.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

No, you hit the buck, he should be piled up within 100 yards of where he went into the ravine. Just cross your fingers that coyotes don't get him.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree you hit the buck, no question about it.