Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Big balls or pure stupidity!!!!!! >

Big balls or pure stupidity!!!!!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Big balls or pure stupidity!!!!!!

Old 12-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Big balls or pure stupidity!!!!!!

I know this is not deer oriented, but I feel everyone should know just to get the same idea. Last week Sunday I was hunting some public waterfowl area by my house and it has 5 blinds for first come first serve. I reach a blind area I have hunted before and had to access it from the main levee, cross a water supply channel about 30 yds, then over another rock levee and then wade across about 150 yds of bay to the blind. I pull my deer/deke cart over the 2nd levee into the brush and float my gear over. Its about 0400hrs and I set up. Come about 0800 hrs I see what I think are 2 kids pulling and a dad pushing a cart and gear back to the parking area. I see them clearly as they can see my deke spread and robo dekes.
I get my last duck about 1030 and pack up and head out. I get all my gear over to the levee and see my cart gone!!!!!!! I knew the 2 guys in the blind South of me had just left and I would have seen them take my cart, plus I knew them and they know who I work for so they for sure would not take my stuff unless for a joke. I take part of my gear back to my truck to find the cart not there. I call the local Sheriff and report it.
A Detective friend shows up and I tell him what is going on and how it happened. I then tell him I know 90% of those signed in on the sheet except for these 3. He tells me that he knows 2 of them, teenagers, and the 3rd is the dad of one of them!!!! I tell him to head over that way for they just left not 2 hours earlier. He calls another deputy and heads over. Comes to find the dad out in the garage with their gear. He asks the dad about his morning activities and he said they went duck hunting, took sons friend, got nothing, came home. Det. tells him that he knows where they were, what they had done and wanted the cart back now!!!! The dad all of a sudden tells that he was in the truck and the boys came back with the cart and they were going to fix it up and use it. They had seen it there forever and figured no one wanted it and it was junk!!!! The Det. then calls the boy out and talks to him alone and he squells like a whipped school girl. He says that the dad said that no one was by it or using it, finders keepers!!!!!!!! The Det. then asks where it is and he said that it is over at his buddys house for his dad told him to take it home and the boys could fix it up and use it themselves!!!! He tells the boy to call his buddy on his cell and let him talk to him. He does so and the kid is at a family reunion with his parents and said it is at his house in the garage like the dad told him to do. The Det. then tells him he wants it back tonight. The kid said they are 2 hours away and would not be home till late, he rode with his parents. He then tells the kid to have it at the Sheriffs Dept. the next morning by noon. If they fail to comply that he has their testimony that they took it and have it, they took it off Federal Property, had weapons in their possession while doing so and was/had been hunting. He works in direct conjunction with the Federal Authorities on a daily basis and was going to go after their weapons, hunting license, and vehicles if they do not bring it back as directed. The dad about crapped a cactus when he found out it was stolen from a 19 yr LEO!!!!!
My buddy calls me and tells me he had found it and it was on the way back the next day. Next day the Sheriffs Dept. calls me at 1500hrs and tells me that it was just dropped off and they have it. I go to get it and run into another Det. friend of mine and he was the one dealing with it that day and the dad told him to tell me that here it is and he hopes that I am happy!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!! What an azzclown!!!!!!!! Being they were told to have it back by noon and he brought it back at 3pm they are looking into filing charges, depending on what the Prosc. says. We will see. The thing that really burns my a$$ is that the POS dad put the weight on the kids when full well knowing he was as much there as they were!!!!

Last edited by SecondChance; 12-04-2010 at 10:30 AM.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

I think all thieves should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. The supposed Dad in this scenario is a complete loser and should also be charged with contributing to the delinquency of two minors. I hate f'ing thieves!
Old 12-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Typical Buck

All thieves should be "WATER BOARDED" . You might be surprised what they admit to!!!!!
Old 12-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

i woulda just pushed the charges after the @$$hole said..are you happy....then ask him if he is happy now..he should have been very appreciative that you let them slide...since he isnt..give him a reason to be even madder!!!!and its all his fault..so he will be kicking his own @$$ for a year on probation.
i would ask your detective buddy...bet ya can still press charges, and ya wont have ta worry about seeing them at your spot anymore...to bad the kids have him as a mentor
Old 12-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Spike

Yea thats pretty crapy i would teach that kid a lesson. Too bad hes a mommas boy and she babys him.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Spoke to my Det. buddy the other day and he said it is on the Fed. Prosec. desk as we speak!!!! They are looking into it being worth their effort to push the charges seeing the P.O.S. dad did bring it back even though it was later than agreed to. I will keep ya'll advised.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SecondChance
Spoke to my Det. buddy the other day and he said it is on the Fed. Prosec. desk as we speak!!!! They are looking into it being worth their effort to push the charges seeing the P.O.S. dad did bring it back even though it was later than agreed to. I will keep ya'll advised.
Not trying to stir the pot or anything but how can petty theft be on the federal level?
Old 12-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by blackhawk_archery
Not trying to stir the pot or anything but how can petty theft be on the federal level?
Theft of over $300, was on Federal Property at time of offense, had weapons in possession of at time of offense, and something to do with hunting at time of offense. I believe thats enough!!!!