Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Central Florida Hunters?

Old 12-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Spike

Default Central Florida Hunters?

I moved here in April and I seen that you have to get a permit or draw to hunt the WMAs, Is there any public land you can go hunting on with just a regular hunting license? or do you need to have permits and stuff like that? Not use to the laws here. Any help would be nice on how things work
Old 12-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Fork Horn

hmmmm I wanna know this answer also.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Spike

google florida dnr hunting it tells were there at
Old 12-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Dominant Buck

Sorry that I just saw this..

WHere abouts in central FL ? I'm from Lakeland..You have about 5-7 WMA in your area.Most..you simply drive up to the WMA..the person at the gate or driveway { Some have no gates} will simply hand you a piece of paper.You simply keep that piece of paper with ya..When your done hunting stick the piece of paper in a box and drive away.IF you shoot a hog or deer..you will stop and get it weighed..you can IF YOU WANT clean the deer or hog right there.

I hunt the Green Swamp and Three Lakes.

you will need to go to Walmart and get a ..

Deer Permit...5.00
WMA permit about 20.00
Hunting License about 20.00

That's it...

Extras and optional
For archery you will needed a 5.00 permit
Muzzleloader 5.00
Turkey Stamp for spring gobbler 5.00
Old 12-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

So there's no Quota Permit you have to apply for?
Old 12-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Dominant Buck

not in most...
The quota is to hunt the WMA 9 days in advance..YOu apply for this quota from June 1st -June 10th every year..If you forget it's ok..you can hunt the other days by simply showing up ...

NOW..there are certain special hunts that require quota only..but your normal WMAs..no..you are good to go..Three Lakes and Green Swamp..just show up..most are just show up.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:22 AM
Spike

im right next to Rock springs run reserve. Thats one of the wmas correct or is it the one just passed this? I saw something that like only nov 19-22 or something was for gun? You cant hunt with a rifle after that on wmas and such?
Old 12-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Spike

Each WMA in Florida has some rules that are unique to that area. Go to myfwc.com...hunting.....hunting florida's wildlife management areas...2010-2011 WMA regulation brochures, including maps.
All rules, regs, licenses/permits needed and seasons for that area will be listed, along with a general map for that area.Some areas are "quota" only, some are quota first 2 days then open, some are no quota needed at all.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Ok today...

I arrived at Three Lakes at 4:55 AM/..they had free coffee..and gave me my card to fill out { When I'm finished hunting}

I hunted all day.At 5:15PM I shot a 6 point..

I drive back to gate..it's weighed, jaw bone removed and I hand in my card which I checked 3 boxes..

hunting..I marked excellent
Deer killed..I checked one
Deer Seen..I checked two...

That Simple

At Green Swamp...
a man gives you an orange ticket..stick it in your ashtray..
you hunt
When done stick orange ticket in the big wooden box and leave.

QUOTAS ARE PRIMARILY FOR EARLY HUNT OR GETTING IN SAMLL WMA there they only let in a few..like Kicco WMA and Praire WMA but your big WMA..you can hunt anytime except the first 9 days

Last edited by Chuck7; 12-04-2010 at 09:11 PM.