Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What are the scent lok LINERS? >

What are the scent lok LINERS?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What are the scent lok LINERS?

Old 07-18-2003, 09:07 PM

Default What are the scent lok LINERS?

What is the difference between the scent lok liners and the other clothes they have? I see it is lower priced? Any comments on this...thanks.
Old 07-19-2003, 01:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What are the scent lok LINERS?

The liner suits are not camo...they are worn
under your ' regular' camo clothing. I actually
prefer the liner suits, as opposed to the Scent-Lok
outwear garments.
Old 07-19-2003, 03:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I keep the wind in my face and don' t worry about my scent.I have never bought a scent lok product and never will.
Old 07-22-2003, 05:00 AM
Dominant Buck

If it' s cold out when you hunt try US Army MOPP(chemical) suits . They provide great scent reduction , and they' re very warm . You can find jacket and pant sets for $15 at sportsmansguide.com . Use the search bar to look for " chemical suits" . I' ve used them for the last 4 years , and swear by them .
Old 07-22-2003, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea i was looking at them too , i just got new camo and was thinking of gettin the liner becausse ofthe fact that i can change into different camo patterns as the leaves turn and fall here in PA, also i have lighter and heavier clothing for warm and cold days. I like the idea and i am gonna purchase one here soon.
Old 07-24-2003, 10:55 AM

IMO it is basically the same thing. I have the Scent-Lok Savannah suit(for warm hunting)...I figure I can use that in the early season, and if things get colder later in the year, I can put a jacket over it and it will serve the same purpose as a liner. I just like the fact that my camo and scent control clothing are one thing, saves alot of hassle.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:38 AM

Mentioned this before, but anyway....where I hunt, the weather changes BIG time from opening to closing of the season. That' s why I prefer the under garments. Start out with light weight camo and by the time the snow is flying and dropping below zero, the heavy wool comes out.