Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Cover Scents

Old 11-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Spike

Default Cover Scents

New mom and pop style company is giving away free samples of their stuff...... Found them on facebook. If ya have a facebook account, check them out.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Buc...69753873048151
Old 11-30-2010, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

And your first post telling us about it....Im sure you have nothing to do with them at all.

Free or not cover scents do not work. Thanks anyway.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

i play the wind brother...and i agree with Kybuckhunter
Old 11-30-2010, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are trying to sell something that hides human oder from a deer, you are selling snake oil - nothing more.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by JakeGrice
i play the wind brother...and i agree with Kybuckhunter
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Hunt the wind. I totally agree. That being said, are you telling me you never have deer show up where you don't expect them or have the wind change on you?

I'm not a deer, so I can't vouch if cover scents work or not. What I can vouch for is from my own experience and educated assumptions. I agree that you're not going to completely get rid of your scent by covers. My hope is to have a cover such as raccoon or fox urine be so over-bearing that it may temporarily desensitize a deer's nose when they happen to walk down wind of me. Yes, I also don't change into my hunting clothes until I'm at the property I'm going to hunt and I attempt to do all of the other things before the hunt to help me from getting busted, so I can't say for sure they work. That being said, I rarely get busted when I don't forget them. Anyone happen to watch the latest Mythbusters where they tried everything to elude a Blood Hound? The only thing that briefly worked was a can of herring. They said it over whelmed its senses. That's my theory with urine cover scents. Make sense in theory?

Mike