Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Movement....

Old 11-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Spike

Default Movement....

How many of you are seeing much deer movement during daylight hours? Any big buck sightings during legal shooting hours? I am new to Whitetail hunting and am wondering how long the rut will last as well as how long after the rifle season it will take to get bucks moving in the daylight again? Lets hear from you seasoned Whitetail hunters?
Old 11-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Typical Buck

I have seen 30 something the past 4 days and all the movement has been from 1 pm to dark,no big bucks tho.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:19 PM
Fork Horn

Family reports of No movement on are camp in West Alabama and Few sightings of some does in NW Florida
Old 11-30-2010, 08:30 AM
Spike

It's been pretty quiet here in central AL too... been out half a dozen times or so (various times) and nothing to be seen.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

When I shot my buck up in New York, last week (Sun Nov 21st), it was at 4:00pm. According to those sunrise/sunset/moon phase charts and "best time to hunt" websites, it was listed as EXCELLENT as for a time to hunt.

Sunset: 4:34pm
Moonrise: 4:20pm
Phase: Full Moon

Deer were moving all throughout the day in upstate NY on my sister & bro-in-law's farm. I saw two does in the morning, took a break for lunch, and went back out in the afternoon.

The 5 point buck that I nailed with my .308 rifle was cruising down the ridge, zig zagging in and out of the woods, brush, and edge of the field. I dropped him in his tracks right there from about 100-120 yards away.
(Note: He was a nice 6 pointer before the rut. I assume a bigger buck beat the crap out of him and actually broke off the tip of his G3 front tine, making him into a 5 pointer).

Last edited by ButchA; 04-25-2022 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:42 AM
Spike

While it was bow season I seen some bucks, but nothing but does now that its rifle season.