Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Seen nothing this rifle season. >

Seen nothing this rifle season.

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Seen nothing this rifle season.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:50 AM
dpv
Typical Buck

Default Seen nothing this rifle season.

I know I shouldn't complain. I have already taken a nice buck during bow. I screwed up a good shot on a nice buck during Muzzle loader.... and saw 5 other deer during Muzzle loader season.

But I haven't seen a single deer during during general firearms season. I have hunted 3 full days and and 2 half days (till noon). On a full day hunt, I'm in the woods about 11 hours. On a half day , 5-6 hours. I've heard some shooting going on and my buddy got a nice doe last week. But I've really been surprised by the lack of actually seeing anything. And when I get back to the parking lots I hear the same thing from others. Seeing absolutely nothing. ( the folks who shot deer are long gone by then, I know). Just frustrating.
And this is nothing new. Last year I shot one buck with shotgun and one doe with bow and that was my best season yet. I'll be out there again next week getting exhausted and frustrated again.

Last edited by dpv; 11-28-2010 at 06:51 AM. Reason: spelling/accuracy
Old 11-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Typical Buck

So you've shot at two nice bucks in the first two months of the season? Sounds like you should be pretty satisfied with your luck. Deer become nocturnal quickly during general firearms season.

Many people go the whole season without seeing a nice buck. You can't expect them to fall into your lap like they do on those TV shows.