Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I was a retard yesterday

Old 11-27-2010, 08:04 AM
Fork Horn

nice rack glad you found it
Old 11-27-2010, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by blackhawk_archery
Sounds like you may want to start carrying a video cam and leavin the gun or bow at home.
Great - advice from a trespassing poacher.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
Never poached an animal in my life bud.If you cant handle the smell of guts dont hunt.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Typical Buck

You think it is ok to shoot an animal and waste the meat?
Old 11-27-2010, 09:53 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
I would pay to see the amount of deer you have left lay because the guts smelled.

In Illinois you would loose your hunting rights for a year or more.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by TN308
Deer stinks period.

Everything smells like deer to me for days after I process one.

It's normal bud, toughen up.
The rut seems to stink up a buck pretty good, too. I've shot some thick-necked bucks where they dropped right there (so I know they were fresh) and they stunk so bad I almost needed a clothespin on the nose to get near them.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:20 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by WNYhunter
well I did find him this morning around 10:30. I guess the rain forced me into a bad choice yesterday but in hindsight I would have been ok to back out. I know better, just the exitement of seeing my first deer this gun season, all the blood, the rain. Sometimes you have to force yourself to make the right decision, which I didn't. Anyways, the shot wasn't as bad as first thought and I am sure he was dead while we were tracking him. He was about 50 yards from where we left yesterday. To everyone that helped today it was agreed on that he STUNK bad. So I cut his head off, tagged him and donated his body to nature. pretty bummed about that. Well here is a picture and I am glad I found him anyways.

Hey guy check your PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:41 AM
Typical Buck

yes guts do smell on a good day, thanks for enlightening me. it wasn't rut smell it was ransid. This is the first deer in 25 years that i have ever left. I also hang mine for days when it is cool. did i make a mistake? mabey...

mabey i should of waited till the deer was 3 feet away from me and shot him through a tree root system, right ba like a pro like yourself. how did that work out forf you. Mabey you are the one that should carry a camera out of stupidity.........
Old 11-28-2010, 04:56 AM
dpv
Typical Buck

You had to kjnow you were gonna get kicked around when you posted about pushing a gut shot deer. But you posted and that takes intestinal fortitude(I figure guts is an overused word on this post). Yeah your meat would likely been fine, except for the true tenderloin(tenderloin is the meat inside the abdominal cavity, not the back strap as most people refer to it.....the place I got my deer processed at call it sweet meats.).
Guts that are 24 hours old must smell terrible. When I bow shoot a deer I try to give it an hour at least. I've left some for 3 hours because I wasn't sure of my hit. And when I get to gutting them...damn what a stink! live and learn. At least you went back and found it. And tagged it. Congrats on a nice buck. Sorry about the empty space in your freezer.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Reminds me

Newbies don't know this saying either or how it can be applied to hunting.

The battle of Waterloo was won on the playing fields of Eton.

Arthur Wellesley

or the more modern saying:

"Prior Proper Planning prevents piss poor performance. "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.