Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Weather is sucking in North Alabama! >

Weather is sucking in North Alabama!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Weather is sucking in North Alabama!

Old 11-25-2010, 07:48 AM
Spike

Default Weather is sucking in North Alabama!

Well here it is almost a week into rifle season and its nothing compared to last years hunt. Last year I literally passed on a shot every single hunting trip except for maybe 1 in 15. This year is nothing like last year. The first day of the season I was in my stand and botched getting an opportunity when the buck apparently smelled me and was eyeballing my back without me ever knowing he was there. I eventually pulled my gloves off and off he went. It wasn't 45 minutes later a group of does did the same thing. That particular stand is not in a good spot as for wind, but is great as in regards to funnel point. Every since that day I have yet to see anything any any of my 4 stands. The temps have been in the 60's and the wind today was blowing 20+. last year it was around freezing this time of year. Just a little discouraged and felt like posting my frustrations. I only have 11 acres here and hope that it eventually turns out as good as last year. I planted 2 acres of greens so maybe they will pay off late season.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:39 AM
Spike

It's been plum hot here in Southern Middle Tennessee.

Been were a pair of denim Real-Tree Hardwoods pants an a long-sleeved Real-Tree Hardwoods shirt without any layers.

I spray myself with scent away before I go out.

Between me and my uncle we've taken 5 deer since gun season opened up between our Mingo land which is 40 acres and other land which is 30 acres.