Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Bleat cans and Rattling horns? >

Bleat cans and Rattling horns?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bleat cans and Rattling horns?

Old 11-17-2010, 03:17 PM
Spike

Default Bleat cans and Rattling horns?

I have heard soo many successful stories of people rattling and using bleat cans but i have used both sepratley for years and never had any luck what so ever. i never see anything while using them much less hear anything coming my way. this afternoon i had a small 4 pointer in front of my and i decided to see if he would pay any attention to me. i used my can twice and he didnt pay a bit of attention to me and just kept walking. any advice or help would be appreciated
Old 11-17-2010, 04:54 PM
Spike

I'm with you...i have never had much of any success, especially wiyh rattling. Nothing ever from the can. some from the grunt tube.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

I've always thought they were gimmicks, especially the bleat can. I grunted one in once but that was the only time. You know some of these guys on TV shows that shoot monster bucks on deer farms get a lot of money to push those toys.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

ive had the grunt work and the bleat never rattlin if there chasin that bleet can i have had deer charge me
Old 11-17-2010, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

im with you, never had luck with either of them.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

I've never had the bleat can call a deer in from out of sight, but i have had it turn bucks around before and make them walk back by me... Two years ago I hit the rattling horns just before last light and had a buck come running in. He is on my wall now lol.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

No comment on the can as I have never used one. However have used bleats by voice to stop deer. Like any call they have to hear it to react.

In regards to rattling I've had lots of success however you have to be in an area where the buck to ratio not out of whack. If their is no competition to breed they will not engage in a fight unless they absolutely have too. Set up and timing is key as well.

Calls & scents aren't foolproof or 100% guarantees, sometimes they work and others they don't without reason often. Just like a fishing lure.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by joshslvl4xl
I have heard soo many successful stories of people rattling and using bleat cans but i have used both sepratley for years and never had any luck what so ever. i never see anything while using them much less hear anything coming my way. this afternoon i had a small 4 pointer in front of my and i decided to see if he would pay any attention to me. i used my can twice and he didnt pay a bit of attention to me and just kept walking. any advice or help would be appreciated
Watch this, I think it will help with your question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJMGY...eature=related

Good Luck.

jrbsr
Old 11-18-2010, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

I have not had luck with rattling or the can but I have had luck with the grunt tube.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:46 AM
Fork Horn

no luck with the can but rattling and grunting works i know first hand my hunting partner has called bucks in every year using them. he just shot a 10point last weekend that he rattled in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.