Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

BLAZE ORANGE

Old 07-17-2003, 10:00 AM

Default BLAZE ORANGE

I just would like to get Folks reaction on whether it is necessary, needs to be mandatory for all, etc.
Old 07-17-2003, 11:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: BLAZE ORANGE

There is no doubt in my mind it is needed and the numbers prove it.
Old 07-17-2003, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

Ditto what Taz said
Old 07-17-2003, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

You got to wear it but I hate that stuff. I think that' s one reason I prefer the bow season to gun season. In bow season, I feel like I' m a part of the big picture but in gun season, I feel like a 3 foot wide neon sign hiding behind a foot and a half wide tree.
Old 07-17-2003, 11:37 AM

Needs to be mandatory for all. If for no other reason than just plain saftey and courtesy. I hate like crazy when I' m scouting the place I hunt and come across an archer that is upset because I' m there. Can' t blame him I' d be upset too - however if he were wearing some blaze orange I would know he was there and I could then fully respect his hunt by NOT going in.

IMO there are only 2 reasons for NOT wearing blaze orange. Either you are hiding from a landowner or you are hiding from game officials(or both). Deer can' t see it - even up close so why not put it on. There are just no good reasons for not putting it on. That opinion is stated many times by Hunter Saftey Program Instructors.

I think it is an extremely small price to pay to fight poaching and trespassing.

Dave
Old 07-17-2003, 12:18 PM

I' m in full favour of it as well. Generally speaking, you can see someone approaching in blaze long before you can hear them. That alone must speak to the safety of the issue. Given a bow' s shorter range, camo makes sense as well because target identification is certain.

As for deer not being able to see, expect some replies as to their ability to see UV better than us. It does not mean that they can distinguish the colour, it just has a neon appearance which would tell the deer that something isn' t quite right. That' s why it would be best to sit amongst brances and the like to provide some camo relief.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:26 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-17-2003, 04:33 PM

I' m against it being mandatory in most places. Contrary to popular belief, there isn' t any definitive evidence that it reduces accidents. It' s another typical kneejerk reaction by government to make things " safer" that in reality does nothing of the sort.
Old 07-17-2003, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

All for it during gun season. Should be mandatory on all Public Land. It deffinately saves lives.
Old 07-17-2003, 05:18 PM

When I enter the woods during gun season, I like the added advantage to be able to walk out on my own power rather than being carrid out on a stretcher. I hunt on my own property, but there have been times when I came up on hunters without permission, whether they got there by accident or on purpose.
Russ

Quick Reply: BLAZE ORANGE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.